• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    Glucosamine/chondroitin and fish oil have made a difference for me. Diet can also make a difference, when I eat a lot of sugary sweet stuff I tend have more joint pain. I was hurting around Christmas time and my Chiropractor suggested I keep track of what I've been eating when I have the most pain..some people can be sensitive to certain things in their diet. I have found that I do have more pain when I eat an excessive amount of sweet stuff.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Thanks for all the responses. I do a yearly check up with my family practice doc. Standard physical and blood work. As of November everything is good. I do think it's a good idea to check out St. V's sports medicine clinic, just to make sure nothing has run amuck and go from there. I spent a lot of years behind home plate. My young life was similar to the movie The Sandlot, except we played more.

Also I prefer Makers, but we are on the same page with that form of treatment.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    IANAD I am not a doctor, nor have I played one on tv. You've gotten some good advice here, and possibly some questionable advice too. Definitely see a doctor. Now I'll put in my 2¢. I've taken glucosamine and condroitin for years. I'm not certain it does anything at all. It sounds counter-intuitive, but both my wife's and my joints have benefited greatly from having a personal trainer and lifting weights. We're in our 60s. Getting old is hell, don't let it happen to you.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know what your diet is like or how committed you are for some changes, but you may consider reading the book "The Plant Paradox" if you are having joint pain, people recover from arthritis even on it. That and some fish oil every day with a multi vitamin seem to work wonders for people; that's what I do and I don't have joint pain, but I'm also young. Some of the other things mentioned here I'm sure are helpful as well though.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Bacon- Ito spent a number of years behind home plate as a kid/teen (long before knee savers). But have also spent years working on concrete floors and crawling under cars and I don't think any of that helps the joints either. Some good info in this thread. Hope you find some relief

Top Bottom