• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I can't believe no one has posted this (or I missed it).

You can't trust him because he exaggerates everything......(see comedy)
    And Jon Stewart is not his real name......(Jonathon Stuart Leibowitz) (oh, the horror..) at least he doesn't call himself John Wayne.

In spite of all this deception, I cannot do w/o my nightly fix of JSL. You could do worse than getting your news from him. A lot worse.
    Sometimes he nails it. Some times he knocks it out of the park. Haters gonna hate.....

Jon Stewart[FONT=arial, sans-serif] Breaks Down the [/FONT]Open Carry[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Texas Versus [/FONT]...

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    No. Jon Stewart is a most biased shill, holding his own against even the most stalwart NBC talking head. His writers occasionally pen a funny joke, but he's more partisan than Karl Rove or Karl Marx and as truth-oriented as a broken compass. I'll forever continue to pass on his brand of 'news', which is actually just partisan hackery masquerading as comedy, disguised and mislabelled as similar to news. Ditto for Stephen Colbert. Ditto for David Letterman. Ditto for any news anchor talking head. I'm done with all of them, but especially the leftist shills.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Yes. He has his point of view, and represents it with wit and intelligence. So, in a sense, I agree with you. Anyone that takes on Hannity and FOX news and occasionally O'Reilly with always be Zero's hero.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Jon Stewart calls out people on both sides, which I like. He obviously leans left but he's consistently pointed out dummies on the left many times.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Bull. If Comedy Central took bipartisanship seriously, or if its 'news' anchors did, then Stephen Colbert would have grilled Obama as harshly as he did Bush II during the 2006 WHCD and Obama never would have even gotten a second term. Sure, they'll point out miild hypocrisies on the left, to the extent that they're trivial and don't really do much damage and are already well in the national spotlight - and so long as they can continue to crucify the right in order to make the scandals of the left look like mere dalliances and quibbles by comparison. Sure, they grill both sides like a moebius strip has two sides. Except, like a moebius strip, they only have one side: totally, wholly, completely leftist.

I call :bs: on anything to the contrary.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    More biased than Karl rove? Good one. 99% of the time I'd rather listen to Colbert or Stewart than a talking head on fox or MSNBC. At least the comedy central anchors don't take their own bs seriously, as the clowns in the media do.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Bull. If Comedy Central took bipartisanship seriously, or if its 'news' anchors did, then Stephen Colbert would have grilled Obama as harshly as he did Bush II during the 2006 WHCD and Obama never would have even gotten a second term.
    Did you seriously just blame Stephen Colbert and Comedy Central for Obama getting elected for a second term? :facepalm:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    More biased than Karl rove? Good one. 99% of the time I'd rather listen to Colbert or Stewart than a talking head on fox or MSNBC. At least the comedy central anchors don't take their own bs seriously, as the clowns in the media do.
    Exactly. :+1:

If everyone is going to be so comedically over the top and bias, I'd rather listen to the ones who get the joke.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Lol. It's surprising to see who thinks who is biased. Or not...

definition of bias: does not agree with my point of view.

They are all biased. The difference is that, for the most part, the right can admit it. The left acts like their talking heads are spot on.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lol. It's surprising to see who thinks who is biased. Or not...

definition of bias: does not agree with my point of view.

They are all biased. The difference is that, for the most part, the right can admit it. The left acts like their talking heads are spot on.
    I'm biased. I'm biased about a great many things and I'd like to think I can laugh at myself and all the rest of y'all. :p

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Did you seriously just blame Stephen Colbert and Comedy Central for Obama getting elected for a second term? :facepalm:

Notice news with quotation marks. It's a comedy show that mimics news because the masses are too dumb to tell the difference. Whether it's intended to be news, or even qualifies for the title, many of its audience members view it - wrongly, in my opinion - as news. And what do they hear from their chosen 'news'? Left is good, right is bad. Republicans hate women, children, minorities, and in fact would put African-Americans back in chains if possible. Liberals want only the best for mankind and their scandals are limited to individuals and not indicative of any larger trend or cabal. Whereas every Republican scandal is treated as though they just scorched the Earth with a dozen nukes and slaughtered a bunch of minorities because they're inbred racist hillbilly morons. Their entire approach toward treatment of left and right is completely skewed, and even a casual observer of Comedy Central's nighttime Daily Show/Colbert Report will take notice.

And of course I didn't blame Comedy Central for Obama winning 2012, don't be a dolt. I was remarking on the noticeable lack of bipartisan criticism now that the left's favored golden boy is sitting in the spot where the once-reviled Bush II sat. Crickets from the left condeming individuals belonging to the left. Torches and pitchforks when they broadly paint the entire right-wing of the spectrum with the same brush because of the actions of one or even a few individuals. Not only is there bias - heaps of it - there is also a bias in how they extoll and explain their bias.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I thought it was a comical bit but wasn't a huge fan of the ending examples of how if you feel threatened, you can use deadly force. In his example, if some Mom sees my gun she may feel scared/threatened, so then she can kill me just because I was ordering a burrito or a overpriced coffee in the store as her. Then he signed off saying it was all a ploy from the gun companies to increase business. Meh. It's sensationalist, comedic 'journalism'. It's not really meant to be taken 100% serious, though there is a huge audience of people who only get their 'news' (and their views) from such shows... so it's still annoying.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I think Jon Stewart is a serious thinker who uses his comedic abilities to point out hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. He is a liberal/moderate in the best sense of the word. Rush/ Hannity, etc., are idealogues. How do you tell the difference? When your side can do no wrong and the other side can do no right, that pretty much nails it.

As to 'nailing it sometimes' (I like the logo), you selectively edited what I said. When he isn't nailing it, he's hitting it out of the park.

100% pure, mostly.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think Jon Stewart is a serious thinker who uses his comedic abilities to point out hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. He is a liberal/moderate in the best sense of the word. Rush/ Hannity, etc., are idealogues. How do you tell the difference? When your side can do no wrong and the other side can do no right, that pretty much nails it.

As to 'nailing it sometimes' (I like the logo), you selectively edited what I said. When he isn't nailing it, he's hitting it out of the park.

100% pure, mostly.....

Eh, I don't think so. The supposed hypocrisy of SYG and open carrying is contrived. It was clever and kinda funny. But contrived to get applause from an audience who mostly hates "gun nuts". And the conclusion? It's all a ploy by gun manufacturers to sell more bullets. Now that was damn funny, except his audience believes its true.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    There IS no unbiased media person, because there IS no unbiased person. There are only those who sell it better than others.

I find Stewart to be like the Simpsons in the old days, mostly ham-handed jokes that his devout followers eagerly wolf down, but mixed in with smaller amounts of some of the best social and political satire you'll find anywhere.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Fox "News"

Notice news with quotation marks. It's a comedy show that mimics news because the masses are too dumb to tell the difference. Whether it's intended to be news, or even qualifies for the title, many of its audience members view it - wrongly, in my opinion - as news. And what do they hear from their chosen 'news'? Right is good, left is bad. Democrats hate men, women, children, veterans and in fact would put every American on welfare if possible. Conservatives want only the best for mankind and their scandals are limited to individuals and not indicative of any larger trend or cabal. Whereas every Democrat scandal is treated as though they just scorched the Earth with a dozen nukes and slaughtered a bunch of middle class Americans because they're elitist hippy morons. Their entire approach toward treatment of left and right is completely skewed, and even a casual observer of Fox News will take notice.

FIFY.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

100% pure, mostly.....

_You_ selectively edited what you said. The OP didn't say, "Sometimes he nails it, all the rest of the time he hits it out of the park." It required a second take to get to that. I merely assisted you in arriving at your "final and revised" editorial version.

But interestingly, your revision now brings you squarely to the position that Jon Stewart is always right. Shall we collaborate on an editorial revision to clarify what you "actually said?" Or are you good to go, True Believer?

Top Bottom