• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I agree they wanted to make an example of him, or rather George Soros did. He just gave NPR a big pile of cash and then Juan gets fired. We also had the libtards on the View walking out when Bill OReilly says it was muslims that attacked us on 9/11 (I thought that was undisputed).

It is undisputed, but you can't SAY that! The people who want to kill us or convert us might get offended! The only people who can be offended with impunity are Conservative believers in that other Triune God. Man, can't you get that through your head? What an ignorant bigot you must be...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The whole point of 9/11 was terrorism, ie: scaring people. The fact that Williams was honest enough to say that it affected him got him fired.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Long and short of this story is that Juan was pulling in more cash than the NPR harpys that were his bosses. Ideology has nothing to do with it.:)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hate modern day media. Long gone are the days of Walter Cronkite, who provided the facts and just the facts. Now, reporters are more like entertainers who are recruited by political parties and their supporters to be the "sledge hammer" for their points and concerns. I still like to develop my own opinion, thank you.

If Juan Williams was not under contract with NPR, stipulating that he cannot appear on other shows, then they should have no issue with him. If they are so concerned about remaining "objective," then they would allow any of their up-front people to appear on shows outside of NPR and give their own opinion. It would be a little confusing to know Juan's feelings about certain matters and then hear him hold back on NPR, but that's something NPR should have dealt with. This was not his first time on Fox.

Anyway, I care less what any of those shows have to say. They cater to those who are without the ability to form their own opinions and they depend on others to spread their messages. I'm just waiting on Fox to hire Williams to show they are the REAL objective news course: "After all, we hired Juan Williams, a known left-wing correspondent (i.e., token)." They would not do it to start getting those middle-of-the-road left-wingers, but because they really care about the injustice shown to Juan Williams. Anyway, the whole thing has been entertaining.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Patience0830 posted FOX did hire Juan, 3 yrs/ 2 million.

You gotta' be freakin' kidding me! I didn't even use purple. :facepalm: Oh well, maybe he can appear on Maurie next. I'm sure he has some drama going on in his life that could increase ratings.

OK, I used purple that time, but I didn't search the thread to see if he's done that too. :D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I hate modern day media. Long gone are the days of Walter Cronkite, who provided the facts and just the facts. Now, reporters are more like entertainers who are recruited by political parties and their supporters to be the "sledge hammer" for their points and concerns. I still like to develop my own opinion, thank you.

If Juan Williams was not under contract with NPR, stipulating that he cannot appear on other shows, then they should have no issue with him. If they are so concerned about remaining "objective," then they would allow any of their up-front people to appear on shows outside of NPR and give their own opinion. It would be a little confusing to know Juan's feelings about certain matters and then hear him hold back on NPR, but that's something NPR should have dealt with. This was not his first time on Fox.

Anyway, I care less what any of those shows have to say. They cater to those who are without the ability to form their own opinions and they depend on others to spread their messages. I'm just waiting on Fox to hire Williams to show they are the REAL objective news course: "After all, we hired Juan Williams, a known left-wing correspondent (i.e., token)." They would not do it to start getting those middle-of-the-road left-wingers, but because they really care about the injustice shown to Juan Williams. Anyway, the whole thing has been entertaining.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Walter decided that he didn't like the VietNam war and set out to slant the news to reflect that fact. He is the GodFather of the current MSM journalist genre.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I like Juan Williams. His viewponts don't match up with mine, but he is an honest dissenter on Fox who is not affraid to debate on any stage. He can tone down some of the rhetoric and brings more credibility to Fox when they claim balanced reporting and commentary. In turn, he isn't treated like a bafoon like some of the lefties they have on, Beckel comes to mind on Hannity.

I think he should walk away from National Progressive Radio with his head high and not even make too much fuss over it. Let others do the talking and use the recent publicity to sweep a few more nickles into the bank.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Walter decided that he didn't like the VietNam war and set out to slant the news to reflect that fact. He is the GodFather of the current MSM journalist genre.

QFT

He was a big part of making the big victory we had with the Tet offensive seem like a defeat.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't have a professional beef w/Cronkite, as such. Newsies have always been partisan, but they weren't held up as paragons of virtue until recent years. See any of the "Front Page" movies to get a feel for newsies' perceived "ethics" and "responsibility". My beef with Cronkite is that he pretended to be "impartial" when, in fact, he was slanting the news presentation to fit his own agenda. Today we're getting back to the traditional view of newsies: e.g. a bunch of hacks pushing a particular agenda, which just happens to be inimical to what most of us here believe; a group not to be trusted nor minded.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I usually disagree with Juan Williams... but I will say that my disagreements with him usually aren't me screaming "YOU DAMN MORON!" at the television screen as I do with Bob Beckel. There is usually some logic in Juan Williams wrong thinking.

car06281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Near Richmond
    Fox reran some clips by Nena Totxxxx (sp) that were pretty inflammatory to Christians and to some conservative members of congress. There is certainly a double standard.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Fox reran some clips by Nena Totxxxx (sp) that were pretty inflammatory to Christians and to some conservative members of congress. There is certainly a double standard.
    :eek: OH NO!!
    You mean that there are one set of standards for Liberals, and another set for everyone else????

I'M SHOCKED!!

Shocked I tell you!!!!!!!
    (Film at 11:00)
    :laugh:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Juan Williams is so naive.
    He should have known that getting uppity and leaving the NPR Plantation would get him lynched. He stopped being one of the "Good Negroes" when he started appearing on Fox; it was just a matter of time.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Juan Williams is so naive.
    He should have known that getting uppity and leaving the NPR Plantation would get him lynched. He stopped being one of the "Good Negroes" when he started appearing on Fox; it was just a matter of time.
    I believe his big mistake was trusting in the weasels at NPR.
    George Soros has dictated the conditions for his continued support of NPR and having a personality that frequently appears on Fox News is not acceptable.
    Mara Liasson is next.

Top Bottom