• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I have the Judge with the 3" ported barrel. The shot is supposed to spread a lot through the rifling. Thats how they market it as a good SD weapon. Just point and click, aiming isn't required.

As far as the recoil, it isn't bad, plus the ported barrel helps muzzle rise.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    the judge would be alright for shooting snakes, I wouldn't trust it for much else. by the time the rounds spread out they will loose much of their energy, and with that much "freebore" the 45 colt will be very weak compared to other revolvers in the same footprint.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    118   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    the judge would be alright for shooting snakes, I wouldn't trust it for much else. by the time the rounds spread out they will loose much of their energy, and with that much "freebore" the 45 colt will be very weak compared to other revolvers in the same footprint.

+1...

jkjudge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    I just bought one 3 day ago, have not shot it yet, it got a little weight to it so it shouldn't be to bad on the recoil.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have a nightcourt that I use as my house gun. I keep federal 000 buck in it.

I have shot a few hundred rounds of various ammo through it and do not feel that the birdshot rounds are much at all. They spread quick and do not carry much punch at any distance.

I do like the 000 buck. It patterns great at the distances I have in my small house and carries some punch at those distances.

I do not like the PDX ammo with discs and pellets. I had several FTF's and erratic patterning in the 100 rounds I tested.

As far as .45 LC, I really like winchester 250 grain lead flat nosed bullets (in the cowboy box). They shoot well out of it.

All in all, I like mine, and choose it as my house gun from a fair selection. It is a specific gun, but I like the grip and it points well.

Regarding the recoil; I do not think its bad at all. I find it pleasant to shoot with all rounds and have had youth and smaller ladies shoot it and all have remarked that the recoil was much less than they anticipated.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Some reoccurring complaints are the spread & velocity. Has it been considered attaching a berrel that solves this while being legal and not adding any requirement.

Top Bottom