• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    My little sister is coming to visit me again. As usual, I am going to take her shooting. I recently bought a poly judge with the 45/410 rounds. I was wondering if any female had shot one of those before and thinks that she would be able to handle it. She is about 110 lbs and 5'2''. Id love to let her shoot it, but i don't want her to get knocked on her butt. I don't think its funny to give a girl a powerful gun and watch them get knocked over. it is stupid and dangerous. I was wondering if any females could help me. thanks.

Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    My lil sis has had no problems shooting a 2 shot .410 derringer which def. has more kick than the judge. If she is a experienced shooter she shouldn't have a problem.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have a Judge, not the polymer one though. I'm a middle aged lady and I'm not going to lie the Judge has a kick. The small grip can be an issue for some. I put a longer grip on mine and it made a world of difference, really balanced it in your hand. But before I did that, I shot it quiet a bit, trying out different ammo.

I understand your sister isn't an experience shooter, but is she a timid shooter? If she's not a timid shooter she should be fine. Especially if you make it into something fun, like a friendly challenge. "Hey lil Sis, see if you can hang onto this"

If she is timid of firearms then I'm not sure it would be a good fit for her. You don't want to scare her from shooting firearms again.

I will say don't load 45's into it until you see how she handles the shotgun shells.

GOOD LUCK and have fun with your sister.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I have an all steel judge. I took my cousin shooting for the first time and started her with a P22. After running a few hundred through that I gave her the judge. She did great with it and said she didn't mind the recoil. Only one who has complained was my buddy. I believe he said "who would buy this". His loss just means more for us.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I haven't shot one myself, but it seems like, as with a larger shotgun, birdshot loads would be much lighter than buckshot/slugs/other defensive ammo. Is this the case? If so, maybe try to load a cylinder of the lightest loads you can find first so she can get used to it and learn to keep a strong grip, an d then maybe pop in something stouter if she feels comfortable with it.

rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    i am buying my fiance and sister a pink grip, Taurus judge.... Both have shot it and loved it. Great home and personal protection gun for women who don't want to go to the range that often to get the accuracy down of their weapon, THAT'S WHERE THE .410 SHELLS COME IN, point and shoot :)

Top Bottom