• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Don't know what forum to post this. It involves Judges, Legislation and Conceal Carry. so put it will you will mods.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Opponents of the so-called guns in bars and restaurant law won their battle in court Friday.
    Nine local restaurant owners filed a petition in August asking for a hearing on an injunction to challenge the law. In court on Friday, a judge found the new state law to be unconstitutional due to vagueness.
    The law, which allows gun carry permit holders to take their weapons into bars and restaurants where alcohol is served, went into effect in July.
    The law will be put on hold until lawmakers return to session in January. Some lawmakers said they would rather focus on the state's budget crisis during the next session, than revisit an issue they spent all last year debating.
    "I really think we should leave this alone, leave guns out of bars and if you have a carry permit leave your gun someplace else," said democratic state senator Thelma Harper. "You don't need it in a bar. The Wild West days are over."

Judge Rules Guns In Restaurants Law Unconstitutional - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee -

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Sweet. Invoking the "wild west" argument against carrying guns. FAIL.

Bloodbath. Blood running in the streets. Massacre. Like every day in all the bars in Indiana where people carry guns.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    OMG how do we all survive living in Indiana where we can bring guns into a restaurant!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'd be curious to see exactly what the ruling was... The media is horrible with details and 'vagueness' seems to be a bit... well, vague, lol.

If it FORCES private businesses to allow guns, then yes, it would be unconstitutional. Just as every other stupid law preventing businesses from banning people for whatever reason they want.

I would be willing to bet it's a liberal activist judge, however.

wizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Chesterton
    Just curious who asked for permission to carry? I made the personal decision to carry years ago and to be prepared because I chose to, not because some politician said I could .Like I'm going to trust my safety and my loved ones to someone else. And that was in Illinois not exactly gun friendly. Grow up be responsible for your self.. Carry because you think it's the right thing to do not because the "rules" say you can or can't.The idea is concealment not can I. I doubt anyone from Tennessee will mourn you if you need it and don't have it! Just my .02

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Now the sheep are safe.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0vyxgJLJVA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Gun Free Zone - Get Yours Today![/ame]

Top Bottom