Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The cover band of Lynyrd Skynyrd when Ronnie VanZant died . Just incase you didn't notice.
    Wow! Making light of a tragedy. One man does not make a band. I would love to hear Ronnie belt out a song or two but alas that is not in the cards. LS has had far more original members far longer than most.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    One of the guys at work has a Bluetooth speaker, and he listens to modern country, seriously, it is almost as soulless and horrible as rap! It’s just as repetitive and stupid as rap, and I honestly can’t tell the difference from one song to the next.

I can’t imagine what Waylon would have to say about these limp wristed “country” aholes of today.
    Exactly.
    Gimme some George Jones Hank and Waylon any day

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is precisely what it is. It reminds me a lot of 90s pop. It all pretty much follows a formula.
    The musically inclined can certainly add to this but my understanding from articles is the record companies are making use of auto-tune to mask the lack of talent for more marketable ”singers”. They literally have a formula that use to select “artists” and songs just like corporations sell any product.

The music companies on music row are not looking for Waylon, they are looking for a horse to ride to quick millions. If you have never read the Waylon & Willie saga of how they left Nashville you should check it out.

In 2009 I had got to meet a guy named Jamie Johnson in Key West, He had an awesome album he had just released, “That Lonesome Song”. (I got to see and briefly visit him at the Murat a couple of months later.) I bought his previous album from when he was under a record label, he was unrecognizable. He sounded like everyone else and certainly not himself.

It is amazing to hear for yourself just how much they can alter the sound. I bet many of these so called artists have little or no talent, just a total creation of the label…

Top Bottom