• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Yea the title is terrible... However, the story discussed in the article caught my eye.

http://www.newsweek.com/judgment-day-us-surveillance-state-330761

From the article:

Federal agents told her if she didn’t cooperate, she would face time in prison, possibly decades. Regardless of a lack of any physical evidence connecting her to drugs, the agents gave her a choice: accept a federal misdemeanor and a fine of $1,000 for simply talking about drugs on the phone, or be implicated in the wider conspiracy. On the advice of her lawyer, she took the former. “My lawyer said I was incredibly lucky,” she says. “I got to get on with my life.”

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This is the type of thing that is always sold to us under one pretense and then later it goes a completely different direction. Assets forfeiture was going to take the profit out of drug lords pockets, right? Then they started using it to seize your 1989 Honda Civic when they caught you with a $40 bag of weed.... and then when you got arrested soliciting prostitutes. It's that slippery progression from one seemingly good idea to another... There is always some politically correct savior whose sole purpose in life is saving us from ourselves... justifying the rape of constitutionally protected rights. Disgusting.

I knew when they started this Patriot Act crap it wouldn't take them anytime to start using these tactics in other arenas. People have become complacent sheep that don't understand (nor care about) the rights great men have paid the ultimate price to ensure. They roll over and let themselves get less and less free everyday and justify it because the tide hasn't turned against them... yet.

Top Bottom