• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Every day I make a 32 ounce container of blended fruit/vegetable juices and take it with me as I leave the house, and drink it as my breakfast. Its a good way to make sure you are getting optimal nutrition in your #1 meal of the day. It also gives you energy throughout the day and removes the processed cereals, snack bars, and sweeteners from whatever you used to eat for breakfast.

I have become a big fan doing this and give it my full recommendation. I've noticed clothes fitting better and have nothing but positive things to say about juicing.

I've been using the Vitamix 5200, which is essentially a blender on steroids. The blades spin at 240 MPH, and can liquefy whole fruits (like an entire apple with the seeds and stem). Other juicers remove the pulp/solids, but this model allows you to drink up the fiber and nutrients found in the entire fruit.

Here it is:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-x3oVPSdE[/ame]

Usually I have been putting between 12-15 ingredients in my juice. Apple, banana, carrot, celery, spinach, kale, cabbage, tomato, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, orange, lime, lemon, pomegranate, cherries, etc. There are plenty of recipes that use less ingredients too.

Stop putting sugar in your gas tank. Eat more raw fruits & vegetables.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Can it do meat and eggs, too?

I'm more of a sausage, eggs, and biscuit for breakfast kind of guy. Funny, though, I've lost about 10 pounds eating a good breakfast instead of Pop Tarts.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Vita-max 5200 = $400+ and that doesn't even include food!!! Do you have any idea how much mac 'n' cheese, ramen noodles, and china-mart cheerios I can buy for that!?! Eating healthy is just plain too hard and too expensive, plus I can't buy many fresh fruits and veggies with my food stamps.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I love my juicer...I find a couple jiggers of Goose or Stoly makes the stuff go down a little easier. A little rum and a pineapple are great together too.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    interested. Wife is a health nut and I think she's tired of this fat guy on her all of the time.
    Sounds like you've got the motive to make a life change, but do you have the motivation? I encourage you to go for it. You could increase your quality of life and add years to your lifespan.

Don't ever go "on a diet." Make small commitments to permanently change your daily routine.

Small changes over a long period are better than trying to do everything at once. You will fall back into your bad habits if you try to make to many adjustments too fast. My changes included all of the following. The first change might be eliminating soda pop. Then no longer buying any products containing artificial sweeteners like High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and Aspartame. Adopt an exercise plan that you can keep. Start drinking a ton of water every day. Try to hone in on more organic products. Slowly eliminate more processed foods. Begin eating fruits every day. Focus on raw foods as much as possible. Now I'm eating 1 meal per day of pure raw nutrition.

A few years ago I would have laughed at all of this stuff. Now it is normal.

I drink V8 juice, not sure if it's the same thing or not but I really love it.
    Its all a matter of degrees. V8 is better than cereal bars or eclairs for breakfast. But it will never match the raw, nutritional goodness of eating raw vegetables without any additives or cooking.

This guy says it well.

Q. Is V8 good for your health?

Sounds expensive

The cheap & easy American diet might actually turn out to be more expensive in the long run, when the excess weight and lack of nutrition lead to health problems in the future. Can you really put a price tag on how you feel?

The blender/juicer was an investment. The machine will last for decades and will serve me well as I use it daily.

Can it do meat and eggs, too?

I'm more of a sausage, eggs, and biscuit for breakfast kind of guy. Funny, though, I've lost about 10 pounds eating a good breakfast instead of Pop Tarts.

That all sounds delicious but I do this for the nutritional benefits too. Cabbage is good for your digestive track, citrus fruits boost your immune system, bananas are brain food, carrots prevent heart disease, celery lowers blood pressure, kale reduces risk of stroke... you get the idea. I could start a thread about the benefits of each and every raw fruit I mentioned. Plus you would be amazed at how many raw foods fight/prevent cancer.

I'll spoil myself with a breakfast like yours once in a while. But not every day.
    +1 on abandoning Pop Tarts. :yesway:

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    +1 Vitamix

I'd like to add that I am more of an advocate of the Vitamix blender over your run-of-the-mill juicer. You lose fiber and nutrients in the pulp that is removed by other machines.

The Vitamix allows you to eat the whole fruit with no waste. Liquefied food is easily digested and absorbed by the body; you won't lose out on any undigested food passing through your colon. Plus you are able to consume more vegetables in liquid form than you probably would by eating them whole.

It really is an awesome machine. It is built to be used by restaurants as well as at home.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Vitamixer can also make hot soup. it mixes so fast it can make ice cream. And for those of you who love your coffee( grind your own), it also grinds grain. There are so many things that it can do you would be surprised. I love smoothies in it & i also love mixed beverages in it.

One other thing it allows you to do( they recocommend a seperate container) is cold composting.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I applaud you, Rambone. Seriously. It's always nice to see others being healthy.

I don't eat any of that crap, and have cut out sugar and salt out of what I eat.
    I don't juice unfortunately. BUT, I still get more fruits and veggies in my daily intake than you do! :D

Every day I make a 32 ounce container of blended fruit/vegetable juices and take it with me as I leave the house, and drink it as my breakfast. Its a good way to make sure you are getting optimal nutrition in your #1 meal of the day. It also gives you energy throughout the day and removes the processed cereals, snack bars, and sweeteners from whatever you used to eat for breakfast.

I have become a big fan doing this and give it my full recommendation. I've noticed clothes fitting better and have nothing but positive things to say about juicing.

I've been using the Vitamix 5200, which is essentially a blender on steroids. The blades spin at 240 MPH, and can liquefy whole fruits (like an entire apple with the seeds and stem). Other juicers remove the pulp/solids, but this model allows you to drink up the fiber and nutrients found in the entire fruit.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-x3oVPSdE

Usually I have been putting between 12-15 ingredients in my juice. Apple, banana, carrot, celery, spinach, kale, cabbage, tomato, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, orange, lime, lemon, pomegranate, cherries, etc. There are plenty of recipes that use less ingredients too.

Stop putting sugar in your gas tank. Eat more raw fruits & vegetables.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I applaud you, Rambone. Seriously. It's always nice to see others being healthy.

Thanks man!

I'm just doing what I have to in order to stay away from my other nemesis....

...Doctors... :):
    4787640-doctor-with-young-girl-having-a-vaccine-with-huge-syringe-isolated-in-white.jpg

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton

It looks great, but it's out of my price range. Have you had any good experiences with less expensive blenders?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sounds time-consuming. Great for the bachelor or married guy without kids....and chickens....and a garden....and 2 business...and a school. Not so great for the stay-at-home mom who has all of that and still has to clean the house, do the laundry, run the errands, cook the meals.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It looks great, but it's out of my price range. Have you had any good experiences with less expensive blenders?
    Not personally, but I'm sure that there are plenty of great models out there. If you like the Vitamix method of not removing the pulp, you could shop around for the previous models on eBay.

Vitamix Blenders under $250 | eBay.com

Sounds time-consuming. Great for the bachelor or married guy without kids....and chickens....and a garden....and 2 business...and a school. Not so great for the stay-at-home mom who has all of that and still has to clean the house, do the laundry, run the errands, cook the meals.

I spend about 45 minutes juicing every 2-3 days making a big batch. I've heard of moms making frozen popsicles out of their juice blends and giving them to the kids. How else do you feed a kid cabbage and kale?

Top Bottom