• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Has anyone noticed the double cover for this month's issue of American Rifleman magazine? The 1st cover features a mix of Taurus and Rossi rifles, while the inside cover shows a painting of the Battle of Bunker Hill with the word "Revolution!".

I'm just wondering what the NRA's intention was here. Do you think that with today's political climate that they made an editorial decision to cover up the "revolutionary" content of the inside cover? Or am I (probably) reading too much into this?

It's just the first time I've noticed anything like this from them. I took some pics for anybody who doesn't get the mag and posted them below.

SDC10875.jpg

SDC10877.jpg

Maybe its there way of saying man up america and grow a sack pu$$!&$

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't be that 7/4 is right around the corner? I'm thinking you got the July issue.

It would be nice to see more publications stressing the american revolution on their covers and drawing parallels from the tyranny of that period and tyranny that appears to develop more and more in today's America.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I wouldn't think too much into it. We all know that magazines are a slave to advertisement, even american rifleman. With Taurus buying out Rossi and rolling out some new products, I think it was strictly a marketing decision.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the inside cover shows a painting of the Battle of Bunker Hill with the word "Revolution!".

I'm just wondering what the NRA's intention was here. Do you think that with today's political climate that they made an editorial decision to cover up the "revolutionary" content of the inside cover? Or am I (probably) reading too much into this?
    SDC10875.jpg

SDC10877.jpg

revolution huh?

i wont get my hopes up over this one gesture.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Articles like the inner cover were the reason I went with the AR magazine for a while. I think I got 3-4 issues that had articles like that and then they stopped. :xmad: I'm currently looking for a box for all my AR and AFF magazines so I can send them along with a few other mags overseas to our troops.

It was either that or spreading them out amongst waiting rooms in different places. I think they'd serve better overseas.

Top Bottom