July 31, 2010 - Indianapolis Bicycle Trip to Bub's in Carmel.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    GAH!!!!

First things first. This ride is still happening Rain or Shine!
    However, I had an 18 mph accident on the ride home from work today and twisted my right ankle bad enough I went to the ER for x-rays. I'm in an aircast now.

If saturday I'm feeling pretty good I'll be riding with everyone. If not I'll meet everyone by the starting point, and then drive up to Bub's to wait for the lot of you.

136951693.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    DAMN! That sucks! A friend of mine wrecked his bike over the weekend too. Just bought a $3000 Trek. Was going too fast when he decided to turn, and wiped out on some loose gravel. Only had the bike 3 days.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    aside from needing to replace the handlebar tape, my Surly is fine :)

I was about a half mile from home. The neighborhood behind mine is still under construction so the top coat of pavement isn't in place yet, leaving a 1 or 2" rise to the concrete along side the curb. An oncoming car swerved to the left to avoid a parked car, causing me to serve to the right to avoid being hit. Instead I hit that lip, and the bike started to topple over. I managed to get my right foot un-clipped from my pedal. But torqued my ankle a lot. only other wound is that raspberry on my left knee, that doesn't hurt a bit.

It was my fault for not being more careful about the edge of the road, but that car would have hit me head on if I hadn't moved. I was doing about 18 miles an hour, effectively in my underwear.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    y'all are lucky I'm going to be out of town.

I mean, if I WERE in town, and I could come... I'd just embarrass everyone.

I'd wear my tightest lycra cycling shorts and jersey. They look SMASHING with pasty-white and very hairy legs, let me tell you.

And then I'd brag the whole 7 miles about how I won the only bike race I was ever in...in college. (of course, I wouldn't mention that the rest of my teammates did the bulk of the riding)

All while setting a blistering 12mph average speed.

Yeah, I'm that cool.

-J-

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    For Everyone who is meeting in Broadripple. I will be standing near the parking lot of the Brugge Brasserie. Which is on the east side of Westfield BLVD, and north of Riviera Drive. It's also about a block north of where the Mc.Donalds is.

I am wearing a bright orange t-shirt that says Hamvention 2010 on it, with a bunch of radio gear printed on it.

I'll also be in my INGO hat :)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Can we also get a headcount of people who are NOT riding their bikes and just meeting at Bub's?

I saw a post on FB that indicated they were having lunch with us, but don't recall them posting here... ;) Are there any other lurkers out there?

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    There is a small chance I'll not be able to get there. So if I'm not there don't wait. If I am there I'll be the one on the orange Nishiki 10 speed.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Woot! Que and Gage survived!!! :D
    (Well, they survived the ride TO Bub's anyway... still waiting to hear whether they made it back safe and sound. Que was REALLY trying to figure out how to fit his bike into their vehicle after an AWESOME dinner!)

INGO-007-small2.jpg

Clockwise from the top left: Mini Que #1, Lars, Pami, Kira, SilentWarrior1, Gage, Mini Que #2, Que, and Mrs. Que. (All of whom are Completely Awesome!) SilentWarrior1... erm.. somehow managed to not be in that photo so I pasted him back in from the previously shot blurry one...

Que - if your daughter got any good pics of Kira the PBJ Monster, I'd love to see them! Can you believe Lars didn't get ANY?!?!???

It was lovely to meet everyone! Gage, I'm so glad you vacated your lab long enough to come and hang with us! Que, you have an awesome family! Be proud of them! SW - it was GREAT to see you again!!!!! Give hugs to BersaGirl for me!! <3

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Thanks everyone for coming! I'm sorry I wasn't able to ride with you. I'm still upset about the accident.

This won't be the last INGO bicycle ride this year. Not sure when the next Indianapolis route will be but I did setup an event for the Indiana Hope Ride Sept. 18,2010. Hopefully INGO'ers will come to that as well.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Woot! Que and Gage survived!!! :D
    (Well, they survived the ride TO Bub's anyway... still waiting to hear whether they made it back safe and sound. Que was REALLY trying to figure out how to fit his bike into their vehicle after an AWESOME dinner!)

INGO-007-small2.jpg

Clockwise from the top left: Mini Que #1, Lars, Pami, Kira, SilentWarrior1, Gage, Mini Que #2, Que, and Mrs. Que. (All of whom are Completely Awesome!) SilentWarrior1... erm.. somehow managed to not be in that photo so I pasted him back in from the previously shot blurry one...

Que - if your daughter got any good pics of Kira the PBJ Monster, I'd love to see them! Can you believe Lars didn't get ANY?!?!???

It was lovely to meet everyone! Gage, I'm so glad you vacated your lab long enough to come and hang with us! Que, you have an awesome family! Be proud of them! SW - it was GREAT to see you again!!!!! Give hugs to BersaGirl for me!! <3

It was a great ride and even better fellowship. Gage and I made it back in 30 minutes, flat! :rockwoot: Anna (Que #1) took some video, but the pics were very blurry. She is going to do some tech stuff and make them available.

This has been a weekend that will go down in history in my household.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Nice. :yesway:

So did Kira or either of the mini-Ques finish their Big Ugly? :laugh:

We didn't even try it. After I realized that I had to ride back, I had 1/2 of a elk burger and prayed that Gage would not kill me by riding too fast. Well, I believe in prayer, but she went from a 40-minute ride up there to a 30-minute ride back, but we survived. :D

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    We didn't even try it. After I realized that I had to ride back, I had 1/2 of a elk burger and prayed that Gage would not kill me by riding too fast. Well, I believe in prayer, but she went from a 40-minute ride up there to a 30-minute ride back, but we survived. :D

:laugh: We did good!
    I thought when you said we'll be back in 30 minutes, it was an order. :laugh:
    Here's looking forward to next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom