• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, for example, ice can't freeze on a bridge when it's 33 degrees outside?
    :popcorn:

No. Check the temperature of the bridge itself. It's not the wind chill; it's the lack of a ground underneath the bridge which tempers the effect of the ambient temperature.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I have known a few people who have been very happy with those jump packs.

But I have to clarify something you said.. Batteries and inanimate objects are not effected by wind chill.

I wasn't inferring that wind chill affects the batteries' or jump starters' ability to remain charged up. But if you have sub-zero wind chills, you either have a helluva wind speed.....OR, the actual temperature is likely 15-20 degrees F (cold enough to freeze meat), to have such a wind chill. Certainly a few days of those temps will "draw down" the available amps.

My unit seems to 'survive' just fine in such weather..... even after a few days. I would guess that is because, unlike your cars' battery, the jump starter is not constantly grounded.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wasn't inferring that wind chill affects the batteries' or jump starters' ability to remain charged up. But if you have sub-zero wind chills, you either have a helluva wind speed.....OR, the actual temperature is likely 15-20 degrees F (cold enough to freeze meat), to have such a wind chill. Certainly a few days of those temps will "draw down" the available amps.

My unit seems to 'survive' just fine in such weather..... even after a few days. I would guess that is because, unlike your cars' battery, the jump starter is not constantly grounded.
    Mine acts like a frightened turtle. Oh wait... different unit. Nevermind. ;)

Top Bottom