• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    espicially scopes. i had a guy bring me a scope he had just bought. the vendor didnt really know how to run it and somone told him to take it to me. usually my customer service is for my customers but i decided to throw him a bone since i wasnt busy.

the windage knob was busted on the new scope and there was no returning it. he was a little upset to say the least.

hopfully he learned a valuable lesson about buying from professional salesmen

If you mean this by the guy who sold him the defective scope, that is not a "professional salesman." That is a con man, a thief and/or at least a "shuck and jive" salesman. I meet them all the time. Without meeting you, you seem more like the professional here by offering to help even though you didn't make the sale...this time...

Professional salesman make good deals. For both the customer and himself/company.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shoot, I picked up a crimson trace for my M&P9 for $40 under everyone else I've EVER seen. So I'd say I got a good deal

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you mean this by the guy who sold him the defective scope, that is not a "professional salesman." That is a con man, a thief and/or at least a "shuck and jive" salesman. I meet them all the time. Without meeting you, you seem more like the professional here by offering to help even though you didn't make the sale...this time...

Professional salesman make good deals. For both the customer and himself/company.

i guess by professional salesman i was meaning a man who doesnt actually use a product, doesnt know what it does or how it works, BUT is willing to cut you a great deal if you leave with it right now.

professional salesman is probably a bad word for what im describing.

1942 K98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Shelbytucky
    Went with dad to the 1500 on Friday. Didn't find any great deals on guns, but bought a spam can of ammo for my Mosin and some other cleaning stuff that I needed. Had a good time but $10 is sort of expensive for admission.

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    This was my first time going to the 1500 and I got there around 2:00 Saturday. I'm not used to a gun show like this. It was packed when I went. I had 2 of my 3 kids with me and we had a difficult time getting through. I started by going to the right and going up and down every isle and it was tough. I even got a laugh from a few ladies as I made jokes about kids and strollers.

I'm used to REALLY thin shows up in Fort Wayne. I was not really able to browse a whole lot but I wasn't looking to buy any guns. I was looking at prices for surplus rifles. So I didn't see a whole lot of prices on modern weapons.

I will agree there were a lot of crappy tables from people selling cheap chinese stuff. There were some good ones though. I will return in the fall and see if its a little more spread out and hopefully I'll have a bigger budget.

I got to meet Al (Vortex Scope Vette guy) and talked with him for a while. He's a good guy and you can't go wrong buying something from him!

-JD-

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I did not go this go around but tend to park free and get in free often so that helps make possible deals better. I also go really early in the day when most people would rather sleep in so thin crowds and no line at ticket counter.

I have ALLWAYS found deals but it takes patience and luck. For ammo I know one dealer that tends to have the best selection and fair pricing. I check their stock and prices. I mentally note the pricing and if they have enough in stock for me to look around. If they do I hit all the ammo tables looking for the same. This last go found a table that had the ammo for 8 bucks less and had one box left so I bought it.

It is ammo I have yet to find at local gun stores and if I remember right I bought it for th best online price I could find before tax and shipping.

8 bucks is not a lot but it adds up, I have seen better deals on ammo but this was ranger t series and not many tables have it.

I have seen good deals and highway robbery, the people that don't find deals are often ones that don't look very hard. A lot of dealers will haggle a little if you are buying a higher dollar item or more then one box of ammo... Tends to be just the tax but again that adds up also.

Top Bottom