• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone remember June 28th of last year and saying "Gee, I wish it would cool down"?

I was looking through some folders and found this shot of my Davis weather station display. This was about 7 blocks west of downtown Fort Wayne, just after 3 in the afternoon.

june28temp.jpg

106.9 degrees outside with a heat index of 127 degrees.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Yep I remember at I am sure I said the same thing. I wasn't really thinking about it being 10* when I made the comment though!

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's XtremeVel and I's wedding anniversary. Remember what happened the next day? We were going to go out for dinner and got sidelined by that freak storm with 90 mph. windshear. No power, trees down everywhere.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    FWIW, I will take 8 over 106.9 any day. Either way, after extended periods outside I could die. It's just with the colder option I won't die a miserable sticky swamped out mess.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's XtremeVel and I's wedding anniversary. Remember what happened the next day? We were going to go out for dinner and got sidelined by that freak storm with 90 mph. windshear. No power, trees down everywhere.

Yep. I had a 30 degree temperature drop in about 2 hours. Lost some trees and the wind toppled my Vermont Castings gas grille. The city was swamped with calls so I ended up breaking out the chainsaw and clearing the street in front of my house. A couple trees in the park fell and completely blocked the street.

The people on the other side of my street are on a different electrical grid and they were without power for a couple days. I lost my power for about 30 minutes. I went up to Young's Longshot Range the next morning and it was like driving in a maze. Trees down everywhere and streets completely blocked.

Top Bottom