• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vvk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indy
    It's scored the same as any other paper target. Two scoring hits are required. Misses are -10 points each, so if you miss twice, it's -20 points.
    Thanks. Where do you aim when you shoot them? Leading edge of the target or A zone?

alopez96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Fishers
    Thanks. Where do you aim when you shoot them? Leading edge of the target or A zone?
    Depends on the speed of the swinger. Usually they teach you to shoot when swinger is about to change directions as it gives you more time to get your hits.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

If you can see it at the two ends of travel, that;s a good time and place to shoot. It's a pendulum and as cousin alopez96 mentioned, it comes to a stop briefly right before it changes directions. Conversely, it's moving the fastest and hardest to hit in middle of its path.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Real men track the swinger and shoot it where ever it is and don't wait. Move the gun with the target and aim where you want to hit. Bob Vogel said it some it must be true. Manny Bragg does it that way as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Real men track the swinger and shoot it where ever it is and don't wait. Move the gun with the target and aim where you want to hit. Bob Vogel said it some it must be true. Manny Bragg does it that way as well.

No one in this group is going to accuse me of being a real man!

I'm curious why I have trouble hitting a swinger indoors, but I do fine with them outdoors. Is the swinger at Parabellum set to swing faster (shorter pendulum) than most we see outdoors at other clubs?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    No one in this group is going to accuse me of being a real man!

I'm curious why I have trouble hitting a swinger indoors, but I do fine with them outdoors. Is the swinger at Parabellum set to swing faster (shorter pendulum) than most we see outdoors at other clubs?
    I did grease it when I attached it to the board so that makes it faster than any swinger at ACC. Besides not as much light as outside I suspect because you can see it through its whole range of motion the two times we have seen it in matches.
    I am planning on hidng part of its motion this next time.

vvk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indy
    Thanks to everyone for the comments regarding the swinger. Very useful information for someone who has never shot it (that is like me).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;ln56URbPnlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln56URbPnlk[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;QnpuynqM2mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnpuynqM2mk[/video]

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Thanks for a fun match. I definitely had to think more with the stages today. I was bummed your profanity laced rant didn't make the highlights

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for a fun match. I definitely had to think more with the stages today. I was bummed your profanity laced rant didn't make the highlights
    I tried to make it tougher today. Set up was a little more difficult. But I also had a few ideas.

My daughter cut the camera off prior to it. SO it did not happen. But I have profanity that I have not even used yet. So stay tuned.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fortunately I caught the profanity-laced rant live and in person!

My marksmanship was good on stage 1 and the classifier. I don't know what happened on stage 2. The smaller grip on my gun is already helping me shoot the gun well with less work.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Fortunately I caught the profanity-laced rant live and in person!

My marksmanship was good on stage 1 and the classifier. I don't know what happened on stage 2. The smaller grip on my gun is already helping me shoot the gun well with less work.
    I thought grip did not matter????

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought grip did not matter????

Holy crap! I forgot!!!

Grip doesn't matter for accuracy . . . they said so, so it must be true. And of course the "proof" is that because someone can make an accurate shot without a good grip it must then be true that grip doesn't matter.

Well, except when it does.

Top Bottom