• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    So says Senate majority leader Dem Harry Reid.

Reid: Save the Postal Service, seniors depend on junk mail | Fox News

“And when talking about seniors, seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world.”

Can you believe this jackass? Will politicians ever find a level too low to stoop when finding ways to line their supporters pockets and their own bank accounts?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Too many years inside the Washington beltway creates its own form of philosophical inbreeding. If Reid doesn't prove it satisfactorily, look at Lugar!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I called my Mom after I heard this on the radio. I got the answering machine, so I told her about the article then said since she didn't answer, I figured she was waiting by her mailbox for her coupons. :):

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Maybe we should all collectively forward ALL our junk mail to Harry?
    Pretty sure he qualifies to be a senior, and he certainly has ZERO connection to the real world!

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I think I am going to make a box and save up for a month or two and then send it all to Dear Old Harry.

If anybody else would like to play along; :D

Senator Harry Reid
    522 Hart Senate Office Bldg
    Washington, DC 20510

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Maybe we should all collectively forward ALL our junk mail to Harry?
    Pretty sure he qualifies to be a senior, and he certainly has ZERO connection to the real world!

I think I am going to make a box and save up for a month or two and then send it all to Dear Old Harry.

If anybody else would like to play along; :D

Senator Harry Reid
    522 Hart Senate Office Bldg
    Washington, DC 20510

We should get a group thing and send boxes of it on the same day. Maybe go collect it from people?

That would be hilarious.
    Maybe it should be sent FedEx or UPS instead of through the Post Office, just to hammer the point? :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That was his best attempt to prop up a massive government program and union (postal employees) while saying the seniors would be the hardest hit. When you attempt to score political points with a group while using another group as a tool you just look like a gigantic moron

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I'm thinking there is some form of infectious "STUPID" germ in the halls of congress, and the longer you stay the more apt you are to catch it.

Steve L

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm just going to throw this out there. We have an elderly couple living at our hotel. They have been here FOREVER. They come up EVERY DAY and ask if the mail is here yet. They get almost nothing but junk mail, yet it is the HIGHLIGHT of their day. I'm pretty sure they send out for info on stuff just to have something to do.

I'm not saying Reid isn't an idiot, but I'm not saying he is wrong on this one.

ETA: SteveL, you're entitled to your opinion just as much as anyone, but seriously, we gun owners have enough trouble avoiding the bigoted redneck stereotype without things like your signature being thrown out there.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can you believe this jackass? Will politicians ever find a level too low to stoop when finding ways to line their supporters pockets and their own bank accounts?

Most politicians are lawyers. Most lawyers (that I've worked around) are capable of saying absolutely anything with a straight face. I think many of them believe they are so much smarter than the rest of us mouth breathers that we won't catch on, the rest probably just feel that the end justifies the means.

Top Bottom