Jury Acquits Homeowner in Self-Defense Shooting vs. Police Raid (Chicago)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I think a huge part of the story is being missed.

Numerous LIES and CONTRADICTIONS given during testimony by police officers involved in the shooting.

I don't see how a juror could have believed anything the cops said by the end of that trial. Every one of them lied.

At least the jury got it right. The DA should be fired for prosecuting this case.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Can this be considered a precedent in any way or will it be looked upon by the courts as a simple aberration?

I am very thankful that this man was able to defend his home against intruders and that no one was killed.

Regards,

Doug

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think a huge part of the story is being missed.

Numerous LIES and CONTRADICTIONS given during testimony by police officers involved in the shooting.

I don't see how a juror could have believed anything the cops said by the end of that trial. Every one of them lied.

At least the jury got it right. The DA should be fired for prosecuting this case.

The sad thing is, if you read the attorney's post where he details the entire trial, you will find that the cops were incensed that someone who shot at them was found not guilty. It doesn't seem to matter that they were probably in the wrong for the way things went down.

Palarran

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It certainly helped the defendant-both in his court case and in living through the event-that as soon as he realized it was the police he instantly disarmed himself, and immediately and completely followed all police instructions. He still got kicked in the face, but at least he survived.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    someone does the right thing and they need to leave town because the cops have them on the radar? whos the real criminals in this country?

Top Bottom