INDIANAPOLIS

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    In that moment, he was in fear for his life because someone was frantically trying to get help and startled him. If I had a gun every time someone startled me.

Too harsh? :dunno: Send PM to .....

I'm not familiar with the case, but if it went down as reported, that's my thoughts on it.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My opinion is not changed...he should be publicly impaled. He shot a blond lady wearing pajamas who called 911 to report a potential rape...his heritage probably has more to do with the shoot than anything the lady did that night. He probably would have used the same defense if the rape victim came running out of the alley and he shot her.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Diversity hire. A very bad one. He will be going away for a while and rightfully so.

I believe this is probably correct. At least I feel he should be found guilty of 2nd degree manslaughter, at the least.

The testimony makes him sound like a frightened little girl, per his reactions.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    How do you get charged/convicted for 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter for the death of the same person?

In most states, a charge of murder will automatically include the lesser charges of manslaughter and negligent homicide. In this case, the highest charge was 2nd degree murder..... with the lesser charges of 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter included. The jury can convict on both charges. If both are upheld on appeal, the sentencing will be ONLY for the more serious offense of 3rd degree murder.

If on appeal, the murder charge (only) is overturned, he will still be convicted and sentenced for 2nd degree manslaughter.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "Officer Noor is the first police officer in Minnesota's history to be convicted of murder while in the line of duty," the statement read. "SAPA believes the institutional prejudices against people of color, including officers of color, have heavily influenced the verdict of this case. The aggressive manner in which the Hennepin County Attorney's Office went after Officer Noor reveals that there were other motives at play other than serving justice."

WHAT THE **** DOES THIS MAN'S LINEAGE HAVE TO DO WITH HIS ACTIONS??????? I've gotten to the point that when somebody screams racism my response is a simple "So what? Get over it!" It's meaningless any more.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Guilty....... 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-m...death-of-unarmed-woman-shot-after-calling-911

I hope his sentence reflects his deadly actions on that night...

At least he was found guilty, but 3rd degree murder does not reflect his actions on that night. It should have been second degree murder. The difference between the two is action with intent to kill (2nd degree) vs. reckless action (3rd degree). Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger is not a reckless action; it is an action with intent to kill - by definition.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    "Officer Noor is the first police officer in Minnesota's history to be convicted of murder while in the line of duty," the statement read. "SAPA believes the institutional prejudices against people of color, including officers of color, have heavily influenced the verdict of this case. The aggressive manner in which the Hennepin County Attorney's Office went after Officer Noor reveals that there were other motives at play other than serving justice."

WHAT THE **** DOES THIS MAN'S LINEAGE HAVE TO DO WITH HIS ACTIONS??????? I've gotten to the point that when somebody screams racism my response is a simple "So what? Get over it!" It's meaningless any more.

I don't know who or what SAPA is, but someone should let them know that they have exceeded the balance on their race card.

Top Bottom