• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    So; the liberals ignore the 2nd Amendment and want to take away our right to keep and bear Arms. Perhaps we conservatives should steal a page from their playbook and ignore the 16th Amendment. For those who may not know, the 16th Amendment gives Congress the power to levy and collect income taxes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nice thought and I agree. Problem is...their ball, their court, their referee's and their rules. We are just the sheeple. This is of course our own fault but that is a popic for another thread in another forum.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Nice thought and I agree. Problem is...their ball, their court, their referee's and their rules. We are just the sheeple. This is of course our own fault but that is a popic for another thread in another forum.

My question is when is enough, enough? Me being of the younger crowd, I'm very concerned about my future in this country.

OP, I will pay my taxes. I would stay off the radar as long as you can.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My question is when is enough, enough? Me being of the younger crowd, I'm very concerned about my future in this country.

OP, I will pay my taxes. I would stay off the radar as long as you can.

We passed the enough barrier long ago. Taxes and the collection of those monies is all our Gov. cares about and the reason they exist.
    Again....another thread.

I am glad to see at least one young mind paying attention.

Lobb40118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Earth
    Bad part is that it would take a lot of people refusing to pay at once to make a stand. Most will not do it and several that do will crack under pressure. Then you will just be another person who has all their things stolen by the government.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm going to ignore the 3rd and start quartering soldiers. That'll get their attention.

Good idea. I'll start by putting up these young soldiers in my extra bedroom. :D

IDF-Girls.jpg

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The problem is most people don't earn their money in cash. No taxes. Accounts/Assets frozen. Can't pay any bills. Then no water/heat/fuel/electricity. Very few people are set up independently to do without or generate their own. It's too bad, too. I think it was Franklin that called this type of protest "the purchase of good laws".

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    OP: I'm a democrat, I'm a liberal, and I'm getting REAL tired of being lumped into the anti-gun crowd... I own guns, and I'll be damned if anyone thinks that they're going to take them away from me.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    OP: I'm a democrat, I'm a liberal, and I'm getting REAL tired of being lumped into the anti-gun crowd... I own guns, and I'll be damned if anyone thinks that they're going to take them away from me.

I applaud you and welcome any fellow gun owner as a comrade in arms, though you seem very much to be the exception to the rule, particularly among Dems and liberals in positions of power higher up. In this culture statistically any self-proclaimed liberal is easily assumed to be anti-2A, anti-gun. Just like I as a conservative am automatically assumed to be a rich white male who is racist and prejudiced against women.

Last edited:

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    IMO enough is definetly enough when a 20 year old kills 20 children 5-10 years old and the news media along with a vast populus of the country spent the next week focusing on the elimination of a single style of firearm and it's capacity of ammunition.

Nothing productive to stop the killing of children in schools till this morning when our rep with the NRA broke silence.

Most of America did not even notice that a 16 year old in bloomington is arrested for vowing to set a new record. Or that within 4 days in the louisville metro area 4 teenagers on 3 seperate events are charged with felonies for either attempts or threats against their schools. These are just the ones I saw. The icing on the cake a teenager in the sandy hook area called in a threat to the church and the swat team had to be called in disrupting people in mouring.

"Where the hell is the national news media covering the Why Is This Country Mass Producing Mass Killers" have not seen the first story.

Sammuel Jackson hit the nail on head what portion of this generation comming of age has absolutly no value on human life, Adam Lanza is a marter to some of them, this is like watching the middle east. Go kill a bunch of americans blow yourself up in the process, your an instant hero.

My AR's ain't leavin, I used to have them to protect against al qaeda, or the mass of illegals comming north, Hell....I'm gonna need them to protect me from the local high school students comming of age over the next 10 years.

kman1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    regarding the 16th Amendment ---- the only way to make a "statement"
    is not thru the individual taxpayer ( the IRS will crush you and your family )
    but thru the employers. What I mean by this is to organize a country wide
    tax strike, by getting employers to not withhold federal taxes from weekly pay checks for 1 week ( that would be 1/52 of the yearly withholding )
    That might make an impression on the jerk offs in Washington.
    As a small business person I would love to see something like this organized on a national level.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Do you try to educate fellow "Liberals" on the 2nd Amendment?
    Do you write your Democratic leaders that are anti gun and try to point out the error of their ways?
    Or, do you support the Democratic Party, no matter what stance it takes? :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

None of the guys I voted for are trying to take my guns.

Top Bottom