Just a friendly reminder of other bills coming in Congress...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :xmad: They talk about stimulating the economy, they talk about the million dollars in taxes my kids are going to owe before they turn 18, and then they introduce bills like these....

Travel Promotion Act of 2009 - Vote Passed (79-19, 1 Not Voting)
    spacer.gif

This Senate bill would promote travel in the United States and includes a provision to create a nonprofit corporation intended to encourage tourism from abroad.
    spacer.gif

Sen. Richard Lugar voted [SIZE=+1]YES[/SIZE]......send
    e-mail or see bio
    Sen. Evan Bayh voted [SIZE=+1]YES[/SIZE]......send
    e-mail or see bio

Chesapeake Bay Gateways and Watertrails Network Continuing Authorization Act - Vote Passed (311-107, 15 Not Voting)
    spacer.gif

The House approved this bill that would permanently authorize funding for the Chesapeake Bay Gateways and Watertrails Network.
    spacer.gif

Rep. Steve Buyer voted [SIZE=+1]NO[/SIZE]......send
    e-mail or see bio

Upcoming bills.....

Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 - H.R.3288
    spacer.gif

The Senate is scheduled to continue work on this $122 billion bill funding transportation and housing programs for the next fiscal year.
    spacer.gif

Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2009 - H.R.3246
    spacer.gif

The House is scheduled to vote on this bill to create an Energy Department program for the research, development, demonstration and commercial application of vehicle technologies.
    spacer.gif

Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 - H.R.3221
    spacer.gif

The House is also scheduled to vote on this higher education bill that intends to fully fund maximum Pell Grants amounts, would simplify student financial aid forms, and would terminate the Federal Family Education Loan Program and replace it with the Education Department's Direct Lending program.

Ok, the last one, I'm torn on. On one hand, this is good news for college kids. OTOH, is it really the Federal Government's place to be handing out money for college?

The rest of these bills is nothing but wasteful spending. Expanding HUD? Creating "an Energy Department program for the research, development, demonstration and commercial application of vehicle technologies."??? WHY??? Promoting Travel in the USA when most American's are going through some of the toughest times in our generation?!?!?!

I think our Government has finally gone off it's rocker.

padishar123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Leo, IN
    I agree. I see this stuff and I wonder how big the deficit will get before everyone figures out we are on an unsustainable path. From my perspective, If I was running my life like the govt'd I'd have 20 maxed out credit cards and be 6 months late on every bill. But on the flip side I'd be happy...at least until I ended up in bankruptcy court.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    But on the flip side I'd be happy...at least until I ended up in bankruptcy court.

That kinda the biggest issue here. Which Country is going to take over our National Resources as collateral on the loans we borrow and which ones will make sure we default on those loans and take them from us?

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    Which Country is going to take over our National Resources as collateral on the loans we borrow and which ones will make sure we default on those loans and take them from us?
    What do you think?

I'm thinking that there won't be an attack front on U.S. soil should the country collapse. Sorry, but there's enough ammo and accroutrement to last for a good while.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    :xmad: They talk about stimulating the economy, they talk about the million dollars in taxes my kids are going to owe before they turn 18, and then they introduce bills like these....

Travel Promotion Act of 2009 - Vote Passed (79-19, 1 Not Voting)
    spacer.gif

This Senate bill would promote travel in the United States and includes a provision to create a nonprofit corporation intended to encourage tourism from abroad.
    spacer.gif

Sen. Richard Lugar voted [SIZE=+1]YES[/SIZE]......send e-mail or see bio
    Sen. Evan Bayh voted [SIZE=+1]YES[/SIZE]......send e-mail or see bio

Great...now I get to watch commercials on TV and listen to them on radio (paid for by the Ad Council :rolleyes:) that tell me to go on vacation...that's money well spent :n00b: And they will be advertising on foreign soils too :xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great...now I get to watch commercials on TV and listen to them on radio (paid for by the Ad Council :rolleyes:) that tell me to go on vacation...that's money well spent :n00b: And they will be advertising on foreign soils too :xmad:

YAY! Let's all go to Sunny Montana and buy up some land! 35 acres for $30K? Sounds like a kick arse vacation to me! :):

Seriously though, this :poop: pisses me off to no end. THey claim to be trying to save us money, by how exactly???

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom