Just a passing thought on the newest Woke I’ve noticed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll take a shot from the hip and guess most were physically active, not watching tell-a-vision all day, or sitting on their ass.
    Well, no computers, or gaming devices. Less than a dozen TV channels.
    Less restaurants and fast food joints. Less processed foods. More home cooked.

More walking, running, bicycling.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    We had 3 tv stations good for morning news evening news and as exercise back and forth to change the channel. Dad didn’t allow candy eating, soda drinking unless it was some special occasion like having pizza. All meals were home made if not they were at sit down restaurants that were the same as home. There was not much free time to slack off. If we weren’t in sports we were working at something.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I agree Murphy. I graduated in the 70’s and I can only recall 1 that was obese in my High School. Of course it was a rural country school of only about 450 or so kids totaL in 4 grades.
    Hey, I was that kid!!! Now, I’m offended!!!!

Course it was 6th grade n I was 190 lbs. ……..And 6 ft 1in. Up in @Jaybird1980 country. Knox In.

**** it’s tuff being fat n old. If I had hair I’d paint it too. :wallbash:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We had 3 tv stations good for morning news evening news and as exercise back and forth to change the channel. Dad didn’t allow candy eating, soda drinking unless it was some special occasion like having pizza. All meals were home made if not they were at sit down restaurants that were the same as home. There was not much free time to slack off. If we weren’t in sports we were working at something.
    I forgot about that.
    Once in a blue moon we had chef boyardee pizza that the parents had to make. Cook 2 in the oven, when they come out, put the next couple in.
    And soda... I don't think we even had it once a month.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Just caught a short blip of some young multi hair colored, over sized horn rimmed glasses wearing weight challenged gal talking about how to take up or let out a dress for “unexpected” or “expected” changes.
    Must be a no/no to refer to “weight” gain or loss let alone getting fat anymore. Probably so it doesn’t trigger whatever personal pronoun, I/me, they/them, he/him, she/her, it, we/us or you that is susceptible to being triggered.
    You just don't understand :)

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Just checked with my daughter (4th grade): they only have PE 1 day a week. from what she's told me in the past, it sounds pretty loose and if they have organized games, they're "everyone's a winner" non-competetive group activities. I remember gym class every day (in addition to recess) and it actually involved physical activity (and you could fail the class... you had to try pretty hard but you could). Thank god she inherited my wife's metabolism and appetite!

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Wow I forgot all about PEand what that was all about. It was all about being healthy. I can’t remember anyone that couldn’t climb that oversized rope to the top. Can’t imagine most being able to lift themselves up over a foot or so today. I remember the snatch the medicine ball from your opponent game and no one ever beat my brothers or I and we were the slimmest and nearly tallest in our classes. Coach wanted to know why we had so much body strength and why we didn’t try out for football. Told him how we got up early and worked till dark laying block, pouring & finishing concrete and had no interest in working at school as this was our vacation time but if he would come work one summer for $20 a week like us we would play ball for him. He didn’t want any part of that.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Wow I forgot all about PEand what that was all about. It was all about being healthy. I can’t remember anyone that couldn’t climb that oversized rope to the top. Can’t imagine most being able to lift themselves up over a foot or so today. I remember the snatch the medicine ball from your opponent game and no one ever beat my brothers or I and we were the slimmest and nearly tallest in our classes. Coach wanted to know why we had so much body strength and why we didn’t try out for football. Told him how we got up early and worked till dark laying block, pouring & finishing concrete and had no interest in working at school as this was our vacation time but if he would come work one summer for $20 a week like us we would play ball for him. He didn’t want any part of that.
    You quit at dark? How did you run that jointer down the joints without the truck lights? :wavey:

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Hard to imagine working daylight to dark isn’t it. I know a lot of fellas that aren’t afraid of work, they will get right up to sit down beside it. The daylight to dark included doing the farm chores before and after the paying work. We weren’t paid for farm chores, we got guns, fishing poles, clothes and food to eat and slept in warmth for those.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hard to imagine working daylight to dark isn’t it. I know a lot of fellas that aren’t afraid of work, they will get right up to sit down beside it. The daylight to dark included doing the farm chores before and after the paying work. We weren’t paid for farm chores, we got guns, fishing poles, clothes and food to eat and slept in warmth for those.
    Gave you a thumbs up, because their ain’t a salute.

School, (took our 22’s to school), trap line walking home, or rabbits, then garden work. (If dad didn’t need you).

Hod carrying work if he did. No pay, you got room n board. New clothes from Sears at start of school year. You want pay, leave a dollar under your moms dinner plate.:patriot:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Graduated in 72, always had a job. Went to a private school and worked with the janitor 4 hrs everyday and Saturday . Cleaned, painted , mowed, and refinished the floors. Worked a part time paying job as well. Worked every school vacation full-time.
    We mowed lawns and cleaned cars in the summer and shoveled snow in the winter.

Never really had a down time until I got home for a week after Marine boot camp. Remember thinking how odd it was not to be doing something.

Don

Top Bottom