• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    So I come home from work today and find the following thread on MDShooters - Million Gunowner March 2009 - Maryland Shooters

Obviously, very rough idea, but the gist is this: A true grassroots gathering of gunowners in DC. We all see the writing on the wall, and another AWB is not far in the future. Gun owners nationwide joining ranks to show the antis that we will stand against them. The date? April 19th, the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington and Concord.

Like the title says, just an idea we're kicking around. It's obviously in its infancy. Suggestions? Thoughts? Yea or nay?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I think a better solution would be for us to organize at the state level and march on our state capitals. It would be much easier to organize at that level and to maintain the contacts we make at such an event, especially in states that have forums such as INGO. It would also allow us (at least in Indiana) to make it an open carry event. Evil rifles slung on our shoulders and (for all of us with LTCHs) pistols on our hips.
    Hell, as gun friendly as Indiana is, we might even be able to get some smart politicians to show up in solidarity. Best of all, Lugar, Bayh, and the various congress critters couldn't ignore the message.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I think a better solution would be for us to organize at the state level and march on our state capitals. It would be much easier to organize at that level and to maintain the contacts we make at such an event, especially in states that have forums such as INGO. It would also allow us (at least in Indiana) to make it an open carry event. Unloaded, evil rifles slung on our shoulders and (for all of us with LTCHs) loaded pistols on our hips.
    Hell, as gun friendly as Indiana is, we might even be able to get some smart politicians to show up in solidarity. Best of all, Lugar, Bayh, and the various congress critters couldn't ignore the message.

Understandable. We've done that here in Maryland (no open carry unfortunately). With DC being next door, we tend to forget that it's a trip for most folks.

Like I said, we're just kicking it around. Perhaps marches at the state AND federal levels on the same day?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I like that idea. It would target the pols at every level and make it harder for any of them to ignore (pols are like mules, you have to smack 'em with a 2x4 from time to time, to get their attention).

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    So I come home from work today and find the following thread on MDShooters - Million Gunowner March 2009 - Maryland Shooters

Obviously, very rough idea, but the gist is this: A true grassroots gathering of gunowners in DC. We all see the writing on the wall, and another AWB is not far in the future. Gun owners nationwide joining ranks to show the antis that we will stand against them. The date? April 19th, the anniversary of the Battle of Lexington and Concord.

Like the title says, just an idea we're kicking around. It's obviously in its infancy. Suggestions? Thoughts? Yea or nay?

I'm all for it, with the one caveat that we are well organized and well attended. DC and Chicago would both be extremely hostile territory for anyone "not spreading the gospel of Obama" unless "our" numbers were large. Well attended State marches on the same day would send a message but nothing like a million gun owners protesting across from the White House and or Capitol. As for the date, "the sooner the better" before Obama signs an Anti Gun Executive Order or the AWB is passed. I do not believe if an AWB is passed this time it will be rescinded in our immediate future :xmad:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The following legislators are pro 2A in Indiana: Sens. Johnny Nugent, Brent Waltz, (possibly David Long, Brandt Hershman, Jim Buck, and Phil Boots), and Reps. Jackie Walorski Swihart and Eric Koch (possibly Trent VanHaaften).

I also know that Sens. Wyss, Deig, Lanane, and Arnold are all anti. The rest are questionable, but of note, Merritt, Becker, Lawson, Lubbers, Kenley, Alting, and, as noted, Wyss are the seven RINOs who voted against Sen. Nugent's good bill last session. Of those, Alting, Merritt, and Wyss are up for re-election next time, I do believe. Let's see if maybe we can get good conservatives in to replace Wyss, at a minimum.

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom