Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Alright guys and gals it's time to buy another 1911. My rerequirements are:
    -stainless
    -full size (5")
    -cannot be plain jane (I want something nice)
    -must be 45 ACP

I've somewhat already have an idea what I want. Either a stainless loaded or trp by springfield or a smith E series or pro series. Budget is pretty flexible at around $1300 and it will see mainly range use with some slight carry. If anybody has a comparison of the above mentioned models I'd love to have their input. I'd also love for suggestions on others. I have been doing my homework on 1911s and I think I have about exhausted Google and INGO searches. Thanks for the help!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I have the SC in the E-series and it is dead accurate and really fun to shoot would think the full size would be the same and have read great things about it. The TRP I also have and really awesome gun at that price point I also did my research in that price point and think you have landed on some great choices. I think the loaded is a really nice gun just don't think its quite as special as the others you have mentioned.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not to derail your thread OP, but what features are you looking for that pushes you to the $1300 mark, over less expensive offerings that meet your requirements? I'm new to the platform, so I'm honestly curious. I picked up a new Ruger SR1911 for just under $600 a couple of week ago and I love the gun. Yes, I know it's not as good as some of the high end 1911's, but I don't know what distinguishes a mid-level 1911 from a lower end 1911 like my Ruger. I, too, am curious about the differences between the guns you've listed, if only to learn more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    TRP. Out of the box in you budget it is the one I would go with.
    I have owned all of the Springers you mention. Loaded is one of my EDC's. Love it. As mentioned, it is not as special as the TRP.
    What is your intended purpose. If it is just a Target gun look at a Trophy Match in Stainless.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Not to derail your thread OP, but what features are you looking for that pushes you to the $1300 mark, over less expensive offerings that meet your requirements? I'm new to the platform, so I'm honestly curious. I picked up a new Ruger SR1911 for just under $600 a couple of week ago and I love the gun. Yes, I know it's not as good as some of the high end 1911's, but I don't know what distinguishes a mid-level 1911 from a lower end 1911 like my Ruger. I, too, am curious about the differences between the guns you've listed, if only to learn more.

I already have a couple "mid range" 1911s (SA RO, RIA, SA GI) and I'm looking for that one that has the "wow" factor on both functionality and looks. What I'm looking for as far as feature go is front strap checkering, sights, overall fit of parts, magwell, NM barrel and bushing just to name a few. The Ruger is a well crafted 1911 and I'll eventually get one, but right now I'm looking something that blows me away

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I already have a couple "mid range" 1911s (SA RO, RIA, SA GI) and I'm looking for that one that has the "wow" factor on both functionality and looks. What I'm looking for as far as feature go is front strap checkering, sights, overall fit of parts, magwell, NM barrel and bushing just to name a few. The Ruger is a well crafted 1911 and I'll eventually get one, but right now I'm looking something that blows me away

That make sense. I appreciate your taking the time to explain it to a n00b :D

Top Bottom