• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    ok...for financial reasons i allowed my permit to expire. sucks. anyway i am now able to correct that. as i am reading some posts about wait times for apps/renewals, i am getting bummed out from what i am seeing. but wait, there may be a glimmer of hope! i see somebody had a real fast turnaround using some online method with an electronic fingerprint option!?!? so i start trying to look into this and the very first thing i find is the counties that participate in this. of course hancock co does not allow this.NOTE...i know nothing more about that method than what i wrote so the rest of this rant is at my own risk. So what the hell? i thought the county had little to do with the entire process? is it not the state that does most of it or is that just where the process goes to hell....i mean purgatory...with all the waiting? i guess that just understanding why it is not statewide procedure instead a mishmash of counties, would take the stick out of the eye a little bit. crap...thought i would feel better after that. nope. guess i'll head in monday morning and start the process, biting my tongue the whole way.:ranton:

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Bite your tongue about what? Your the one who let the LTCH expire, not Hancock Co... Its your fault not theirs. Your the one who put the stick in your eye.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    theres an old saying..."you don't know what you got till its gone"..guess your finding that to be true now...lessons learned....get the lifetime ..next time you want to rant..the guy in the mirror might be a good start..good luck..

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    The wait isn't all that bad. Put in the paperwork and don't think about it. Before you know it you'll have a pink license in the mail. :-)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Mine has been expired for 30 days now and it drives me nuts. I still carry as it is legal. I see it being a big hassle if i get checked.

Atleast your wife doesn't hit you in public.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was close to letting mine lapse. When I reapplied at the Fort Wayne PD, the lady said "If you don't get your new one before your current one expires carry this copy of the renewal application ad your good to go". I don't know if that's legit, but it is working for me currently.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The reason it's not statewide is a matter of affordability, I think. I know I was in contact with our sheriff throughout the process which took surprisingly long. There is training that the LEA personnel have to go through to implement the online system, though I'm not sure exactly what.

If you want the online system in your county, contact your area LEAs, county commissioners and council, mayor(s) and city council(s). There are presently 34 counties on board.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Mine has been expired for 30 days now and it drives me nuts. I still carry as it is legal. I see it being a big hassle if i get checked.

Atleast your wife doesn't hit you in public.

I was close to letting mine lapse. When I reapplied at the Fort Wayne PD, the lady said "If you don't get your new one before your current one expires carry this copy of the renewal application ad your good to go". I don't know if that's legit, but it is working for me currently.

It is legit, per state law (IC 35-47-2-6), IF you renew before it expires.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

Blessings,
    Bill

dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    Bite your tongue about what? Your the one who let the LTCH expire, not Hancock Co... Its your fault not theirs. Your the one who put the stick in your eye.
    hmm..well that was really about the non statewide online process. not my county. the people ive dealt with here are good.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Bill, what's our recourse against the state if they do not issue the license in 60 days? I know that I am past that mark now.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile

New Haven PD told me the same thing, so I guess it's legit.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Bill, what's our recourse against the state if they do not issue the license in 60 days? I know that I am past that mark now.

I know I'm not Bill but looking at the IC, it looks like the 60 days only applies to the first time you apply for the LTCH. The 2nd part of the code states "If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon." So from the sounds of that, they could take up to 6 months if they wanted to.

BTW - I'm also 60 days passed expired with the renewal sent in 3 weeks before it expired and haven't heard anything from the State yet.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

theres an old saying..."you don't know what you got till its gone"..guess your finding that to be true now...lessons learned....get the lifetime ..next time you want to rant..the guy in the mirror might be a good start..good luck..

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Indiana: The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State

Good to know what you guys think about our RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

He shouldn't have to get the license to begin with, let alone worry about it expiring or PAYING FOR A RIGHT.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Indiana: The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State

Good to know what you guys think about our RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

He shouldn't have to get the license to begin with, let alone worry about it expiring or PAYING FOR A RIGHT.

ok...let me ask ya ..do you have a LTCH?...

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Yes I do. But, basic logic allows me to be able to do something while disagreeing with having to pay for a right.

Example: You probably don't agree with the government giving minorities special privileges, welfare, or the fact that they use your tax dollars to tap your own phone and read your private e-mails, but you still pay the taxes that go toward those things.

We are good people so we don't want to break the law. We pay our taxes and purchase licenses for Rights we are guaranteed on both a Federal and State level. Even our founding fathers paid England's insane taxes until the final straw finally broke the camel's back.

Do you believe we should have to pay the government money to be able to exercise the Right to keep and bear arms, for the security of the state?

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    ok..basic logic time...what makes you think we agree with the fee?...was your "good to know what you guys think about out RIGHT to keep and bear arms" quote that i find troublesome ....you filed on time....payed your fee....guess its good to know how you feel about our RIGHT to keep and bear arms..

Top Bottom