• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Well.......I finally decided to get a carry permit.

After many years of having handguns around the house for home protection I've decided to start carrying one on my person.

Now I'm just waiting through my 6-8 weeks.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Good for you. Just curious, why did you wait so long (i.e. many years)?

I never felt like I needed one in public.....I never saw myself in a situation where my physical fighting skill couldn't keep me safe. That changed with a very dangerous situation I found myself in on my way home from a late night service call.

Aside from that, I've begun to view carrying a firearm as an action that flies in the face of gun control advocates.

There are other reasons, but those two were instrumental in my decision.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good for you bro!

Read up all you can on concealed carry and make sure you know where Not to carry...

There are plenty of good trainers that you can work with. You may have to drive a bit to get involved with a good class, but it will be good for you to learn the correct methods first.

Be safe bro!

TK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Once again a fine example why to apply online, pay state fee and fingerprinting fee online, go get fingerprinted at L1, head over to your local PD, Sherrif or Courthouse, pay your local fee and 3 days later you have it.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    i hope so, it took me almost 12 weeks back in 08 to get mine, turned it in middle of january, it was the last wednesday in april when i got it finally and i hadnt had so much as a speeding ticket at the time on my record
    The police officer I talked to today while applying for my permit told me that when they started the lifetime permit it caused a lot of delays.

Top Bottom