• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Just got the foldable Kel Tec sub2k 9mm Glock mag'd carbine. I got this to compliment the earlier purchase of a Glock 19. This allows me to use one ammo type and the same mags in either weapon. I was impressed with its accuracy out to 125 yards and the solid feel in my hands. It is very lite and mostly plastic but very utilitarian. I love that it folds up into a 7 x 15 x 1.5 area. It is easily concealed in a backpack or satchel bag and with a loaded mag in the well can be employed by quickly unfolding and charging, within seconds really. I need to start shooting on a regular basis and get the wife involved as well. A man can dream can't he?:)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have been looking for one myself. i thought he rifles all took the glock 17 mags and not the 19 unless you have it modified? does yours take glock 19 mags right off the bat or did you have to have it modified to accept the 19

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i have been looking for one myself. i thought he rifles all took the glock 17 mags and not the 19 unless you have it modified? does yours take glock 19 mags right off the bat or did you have to have it modified to accept the 19

They do offer them from the factory in a G19 or G17 version.

To the OP: congrats on your purchase! I love my sub2k. I have one in .40 s&w that takes the Glock mags. Very accurate gun, easy to shoot, and mine has been 100% reliable since day one with all types of ammo.

I got mine for the same reasons you stated. I already had two Glocks chambered in .40 s&w so it is a nice option to have available.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I didn't modify mine I was talking about the 33 rndrs I got to go with it. I have seen G19 versions of the sub2k but went with the G17 for availability. I thought this was pertinent as part of my "preps". Sorry if it belongs somewhere else. Like the gun and definitely would recommend it to others in any caliber to facilitate ammo compatability for whaterver you carry as a side arm. They make mags for just about everything except XD and I wouldn't bet they don't come out with that next.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    ermey-weapon.jpg

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I'm in the market for one myself. Keltec makes some good stuff from what I've seen. I don't own any but friends that do have never had any complaints. Congrats on the purchase!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't take it apart. I replaced the skeevy polymer trigger with an aluminum one, and reassembly is, shall we say, problematic. I also plan to smooth the flash off the mold lines, particularly in the pistol grip.

They are available for G17 and G19 both, as well as Beretta and I think it was Sig versions. I have primarily the Glock 33 round mags. Picked up three more at the 1500.

Top Bottom