• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Subaru has been number one in resale the last 3 years and its not as bad. We had a guy try to trade in his 11 sonata with 10k miles and was 10k upside down. With Subarus your about 3-4k if that on a loss.

you have no idea how annoying that is for someone looking for a used Subaru. :rolleyes:

In all honesty, I will not ever buy a Subaru with the flat four. "Why?"you ask. I've changed spark plugs on one. Had to take the battery and the intake out, and still almost couldn't reach the #4 plug cuz of the driver's shock tower.

Inline four or v6 I'll rock, but not the flat four. Unfortunately, the only ones I can remotely afford have the flat four... see above comment about resale value.

jimmyw86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Broad Ripple
    yeah changing the spark plugs is a *****. Unfortunately thats all Subaru sells is a boxer 4 or boxer 6 engine. I tell plenty of customers to go for a new one instead of a year or 2 older b/c of the resell value (I make more on selling used)

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    I think the plugs aren't that bad....compared to a Accord V6 or newer Blazer (co-worker's cars).
    Nothing a extension with a swivel can't reach. I do think they're purposely making newer cars a intentional pain to work on. I really loved having to jack up my Buick's engine so I could barely reach the back three spark plugs.:noway:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    It's standard maintenance. If you can't handle it, don't buy the car.

You can enjoy your 91 Honda Accord inline 4's easily accessible spark plugs.

I'll spend the extra few minutes to change my Subaru's plugs and even MORE so enjoy driving through snow and rough terrain with no hiccups for years to come.

*edit* Not directed or responding to you, trillobite; I only agree with you.

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    It's standard maintenance. If you can't handle it, don't buy the car.

Sitting here remembering the guy that tried to put his spare tire on backwards, and the chick who poured antifreeze into the valve cover cap. Learning is like a old blanket, I'm always surprised where the big holes end up. :D Cars are expected to be like a refrigerator nowadays, a few people I meet don't even worry about oil changes, as it must be a lifetime fluid. But, anyway, everyone has their preferences on what they want to mess with. A smart person knows when not to forge ahead anyway, and screw something up.

Top Bottom