• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    My first time to the Indy 1500 and thought it was well attended, it took forever to walk down the isles so my questions is, does anyone have a feel for how many people attended this years event?

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    Not sure about the size but I did wonder a few things.

1. Do the guys in the front run in like kids at an amusement park when the doors open?

2. Do some guys stand around with their buddies plotting their "route" through the show?

3. Next time, can I just go to my nearest friendly Gun shop and give them $10 to look at guns?

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    several years ago i used to go to the 1500 every time it hit the fairgrounds. since the big influx of first time buyers because of obama, the crowds have become intolerable and the dealers dont have good deals like you used to get. even the small shows like greenfield, are out in left field as far as i am concerned. im not looking for steals or anything super,super low priced, but just a deal because of the show. i can go to beach grove firearms and see better prices on most firearms than i see at the show.
    not picking on first time buyers, and i love it than that the gun community is growing, but the dealers are trying to take advantage of that fact....just my :twocents:....daryll

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Thought this show was on the skimpy side, as far as crowds go. 9.30 Saturday no crowds outside, just walk up and go in. At 11 a.m. I could still walk down the aisles relativity at will. Usually it's elbow deep in a....people, by then.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Most big gun shows (1500, Great Eastern) must have designated dumb asses attend. You know, the fat slob that stops to BS with someone when there are 25 people trying to follow him between table rows. Or the idiot with a long arm on his shoulder who suddenly turns and about smacks you in the eye. I especially love the guy who bends a dealer's ear about an asinine point on a particular gun that he isn't going to buy anyway.

Top Bottom