• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Just curious, but why are you driving slower in the left lane? Whey did you fail to correctly and lawfully "yield right of way" to the faster driver? Just because you are driving faster than the person in the center lane does not mean that you get to hog the left lane, you still have to pull to the right to allow him to pass.

Yes, he was an idiot. But that does not remove your guilt.

Looked to me like the driver of the other car, in the center lane....saw him coming, and tried to steer into the far right lane........ and the BMW rode up his front tire. Check it out, using the 'pause' button.
    Looked more like the BMW driver clipped the rear of the car in the center lane. The front end of the car in the center lane came toward the left lane and the rear was pushed to toward the right lane.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    its insane what happens to people that have a dash cam.... I guess if your goal in life is to get hit and be involved in an accidene, your best bet is to always have a camera

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Looked more like the BMW driver clipped the rear of the car in the center lane. The front end of the car in the center lane came toward the left lane and the rear was pushed to toward the right lane.

I don't know, bro. Watch it again, (and again....... using the 'pause' button, quickly) stop it just as the car w/ the dash-cam is starting to pass the rear of the tank truck. Notice that the rear of the car in the center lane is already moving to the right. He was either trying to avoid the BMW, or was maybe braking, and it got away from him.

I still think the Beemer climbs the exposed front drivers-side tire of that car. You can see the passenger-side of the Beemer come up off the pavement. Since the car w/ dash-cam gets pushed left, I can't see if there was any damage to the rear of the car in the center lane, or not. :popcorn:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lots of people have dash cams installed and record all of their driving to protect themselves in the event of an accident (when dealing with police or insurance). Many of them only have a buffer a few minutes long and automatically delete old recordings.

Didn't realize this was that common. :dunno:

And if you have an iPhone . . . wait for it . . . there's an app for that.

For droid phones there is an app called "DailyRoads Voyager"

I use it everyday on my way to and from work just to protect me from stupid idiot drivers like the Beemer driver.

If you have enough mem on your phone it can easily record in HD over 45 minutes and include audio, MPH traveling, and gps location updated the entire trip.

You can even have it directly uploaded to your free DRV account for storage. I just delete it when I get to work and home, no need to keep everyday uneventful trip.

Also there has been several instances of these dash cam apps solving several hit and runs.

One of these days I'm going to set it up on the beer trucks windshield to show off the amount of idiots who want to try and prematurely end their lives by playing chicken with an 62,000 pound beer truck.:rolleyes:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Having been rear ended more than once, I spend a lot of time checking my mirrors. It only takes a few seconds for some genious to come out of nowhere and be on your tail. When I see them coming, I always move over ASAP. The class envy shots at BMW owners are silly. Back in the 60's, I would see a lot of VW cowboys on the expressways. You could get a stock bug and hop it up but it still would look standard. These guys were all over the place doing goofy things.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    There are all sorts of drivers out there, this one looked to be the over-aggressive, speed demon, but equally dangerous to encounter is the clueless, completely discourteous drivers.
    The worst groups of drivers that I have noticed are the ones that didnt learn to drive in this country, and either have not idea how to navigate through normal traffic, or have complete disregard for anyone else on the road.

Top Bottom