• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I was bored tonight after putting my kids(1 and 3yo) to bed. and I did an online SO search and damn it, there's one lives 6 housed down the road.

convicted of sexual battery in 2002, released in 2003 after serving 730 days of 3-year sentence, w/ 1-year probation.

registration started in 2003 and still active. he has lifetime type registration never expires.

I don't think any of my immediate neighbor knows about the situation since we talk to each other very often and nobody had mentioned it. there are a lot of small kids live around us.

I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow and at the same time, I wonder what normally people do when they found out.

my next door is a special deputy of MCSO and 2 houses up is a state trooper, I don't know if they can dig out that guy's rap sheet.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    It would've been nice to be notified that one of those was moving in. I have 3 of them in a 5 mile radius from me. When I'm out with my daughter, it's eyes open and gun on hip. I won't let nobody mess with my little girl.

Good luck with your situation.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    What is sexual battery? Doesn't sound like he's into kids but jeeeeesh I'd hate to know someone like that was just down the road.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was bored tonight after putting my kids(1 and 3yo) to bed. and I did an online SO search and damn it, there's one lives 6 housed down the road.

convicted of sexual battery in 2002, released in 2003 after serving 730 days of 3-year sentence, w/ 1-year probation.

registration started in 2003 and still active. he has lifetime type registration never expires.

I don't think any of my immediate neighbor knows about the situation since we talk to each other very often and nobody had mentioned it. there are a lot of small kids live around us.

I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow and at the same time, I wonder what normally people do when they found out.

my next door is a special deputy of MCSO and 2 houses up is a state trooper, I don't know if they can dig out that guy's rap sheet.

And this surprises you. There are over 20 that live within walking distance to us. My sister had 10 in her little community. They are everywhere my friend.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Before you burn the cross on the front lawn, it would be wise to make sure he is actually taking up residence there. They only have to provide an address, they don't necessarily have to lay their head down there every night.

Sex offenders registry is a joke.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Before you burn the cross on the front lawn, it would be wise to make sure he is actually taking up residence there. They only have to provide an address, they don't necessarily have to lay their head down there every night.

Sex offenders registry is a joke.

of course, that's why I wanna talk to my LEO neighbors first.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    my wife is asking if "sexual battery" is just another term for "rape+beaten".

IC 35-42-4-8 Version a
    Sexual battery
    Note: This version of section effective until 7-1-2014. See also following version of this section, effective 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 8. (a) A person who, with intent to arouse or satisfy the person's own sexual desires or the sexual desires of another person:
    (1) touches another person when that person is:
    (A) compelled to submit to the touching by force or the imminent threat of force; or
    (B) so mentally disabled or deficient that consent to the touching cannot be given; or
    (2) touches another person's genitals, pubic area, buttocks, or female breast when that person is unaware that the touching is occurring;
    commits sexual battery, a Class D felony.
    (b) An offense described in subsection (a) is a Class C felony if:

(1) it is committed by using or threatening the use of deadly force;
    (2) it is committed while armed with a deadly weapon; or
    (3) the commission of the offense is facilitated by furnishing the victim, without the victim's knowledge, with a drug (as defined in IC 16-42-19-2(1)) or a controlled substance (as defined in IC 35-48-1-9) or knowing that the victim was furnished with the drug or controlled substance without the victim's knowledge.
    As added by P.L.322-1987, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.31-1998, SEC.7; P.L.72-2012, SEC.4.
    IC 35-42-4-8 Version b
    Sexual battery
    Note: This version of section effective 7-1-2014. See also preceding version of this section, effective until 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 8. (a) A person who, with intent to arouse or satisfy the person's own sexual desires or the sexual desires of another person:
    (1) touches another person when that person is:
    (A) compelled to submit to the touching by force or the imminent threat of force; or
    (B) so mentally disabled or deficient that consent to the touching cannot be given; or
    (2) touches another person's genitals, pubic area, buttocks, or female breast when that person is unaware that the touching is occurring;
    commits sexual battery, a Level 6 felony.
    (b) An offense described in subsection (a) is a Level 4 felony if:
    (1) it is committed by using or threatening the use of deadly force;
    (2) it is committed while armed with a deadly weapon; or
    (3) the commission of the offense is facilitated by furnishing the victim, without the victim's knowledge, with a drug (as defined in IC 16-42-19-2(1)) or a controlled substance (as defined in IC 35-48-1-9) or knowing that the victim was furnished with the drug or controlled substance without the victim's knowledge.
    As added by P.L.322-1987, SEC.2. Amended by P.L.31-1998, SEC.7; P.L.72-2012, SEC.4; P.L.158-2013, SEC.444.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Am I the only one that wouldn't care about things like this?

I'm in my late 20's now, I can come clean... but when I was 16-17... our idiotic laws would have hit me for statutory rape, because my girlfriend at the time was just 1 year under the age of consent. Would you give less of a crap if I were living in your neighborhood? We're married now, and closing on a wonderful home next week. We both work great jobs, and are morally awesome.

The definition of "sex offender" is ambiguous. Don't give it as much purchase as people want it to have.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I'm in my late 20's now, I can come clean... but when I was 16-17... our idiotic laws would have hit me for statutory rape, because my girlfriend at the time was just 1 year under the age of consent. Would you give less of a crap if I were living in your neighborhood? We're married now, and closing on a wonderful home next week. We both work great jobs, and are morally awesome.

The definition of "sex offender" is ambiguous. Don't give it as much purchase as people want it to have.
    Nope. In fact, I roll my eyes a bit when there's a quasi-panic post about someone finding out about one in his neighborhood (no offense to OP intended).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I'm in my late 20's now, I can come clean... but when I was 16-17... our idiotic laws would have hit me for statutory rape, because my girlfriend at the time was just 1 year under the age of consent.

No, they wouldn't have. 16 or 17 year old with 15 year old is legal.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

It's certainly a nasty title. When most people hear, "sex offender" they probably relate that to... like, child/pedo stuff. (Put those sickos on a shipping container and sink it for all I care)

But you can literally become a sex offender for taking a **** in an alley because your junk is out and exposed in public...

With that said, I'm in favor of proper classification of what the person actually did to get that label. (And thankful I never got caught walking home from bars in Bloomington where I just couldn't hold it till I got home to take a leak!)

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    it's gotta be more than just ass-grabbing for someone who spent 730 days in the big house.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Nope. In fact, I roll my eyes a bit when there's a quasi-panic post about someone finding out about one in his neighborhood (no offense to OP intended).

I just roll my eyes about it because I worry less about the ones that were caught, and more about the ones that haven't been. A good friend of my wife was molested by an uncle for years, and it went unreported for a long time in part because he threatened her, and partly because no one believed it at first when she finally spoke out (he was a "good Christian" type that "wasn't capable of it"). Always be vigilant, but never fail to follow up on anything, even with your own relatives.

Top Bottom