• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yes, I clearly recall being at a gas station in Ohio, and hearing Bush and the "Oil goons" ripped the first time I paid over $2.009 a gallon for regular.

I remember forecasting the cost of my commute over the year at $1.659/gal as "worst case".

I also remember when $15 would get you a tank of gas, a pop, and a pack of smokes.

It's not "Obama's fault", nor is it "Bush's Fault"...it goes well beyond either of them, and many of their predecessors living or dead.

The house we have to clean rivals the Augean stables.

:oldwise:

All that said, the pic is still funny, photoshopped or otherwise.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Still don't understand why diesel costs more... it costs less to refine, and is in less demand than gasoline... ridiculous on many levels.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I did get in on this @ 07:30 today at Emerson & County Line.

CheapGas_zps248a91ad.jpg

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    elections are getting close. prices will continue to fall, they will say look look!! the unemployment numbers of course keep falling, what a lie. People will buy into it and vote D, my prediction is the senate stays dem, the house stays republican, nothing changes, the last 2 years will be unreal how bad, and gas prices by christmas will be 3.75

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I don't think most people ***** about the price of diesel because they don't buy it. Most don't realize that everything you buy is delivered by diesel truck.

I drive a diesel so I guess I do.... most likely will be looking at making biodiesel for myself...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    elections are getting close. prices will continue to fall, they will say look look!! the unemployment numbers of course keep falling, what a lie. People will buy into it and vote D, my prediction is the senate stays dem, the house stays republican, nothing changes, the last 2 years will be unreal how bad, and gas prices by christmas will be 3.75

Yep. Prices were very high during Bush's term, too, but low around election time, then back up briefly and back down when Obama took the bungled oath of office. I think your prediction is dead on, Zippy, insofar as gas prices, and possibly in re: the composition of the Congress as well.

Sad, really, how short some folks' memories are.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom