• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    My wife had been looking fro a 9mm:draw:. We had been looking for awhile several different models. She has a Walther P22 and was looking for anther Walther because she would be familer with it. Her dad has a Taurus Slim that she had shot and liked. Today we found the same gun with 5 mags for a pretty good deal. I wish the mags were bigger, but I am a HC person:ar15:.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Almost went with that over the LC9......was talked out of it by LGS and a buddy. Then you see all these failure threads on the LC9.....Now I am second guessing my decision

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I own no less than a half dozen Taurus firearms, revolvers and semi's.

The only one I've EVER had any issue with is the TCP 380. Then again, I bought it from my niece, who bought it new, and had failure to eject problems right out of the box.

She decided she didn't like it and wanted a .22Lr revolver instead. I had more than one .22Lr revolver, so I traded her for the TCP.

I still haven't sent it back to Taurus yet, but it's still covered by the "Lifetime" warranty.

Other than another TCP, I would not hesitate to purchase another Taurus.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The only issue I've had with my PT745, and I've put over 5000 rounds through it, was while firing some UMC ammo. Other than that, it's eaten everything I've fed it. I don't take the decision of which gun will be my EDC lightly, and the 745 is my number 1 EDC. Congrats on your purchase!

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Grats on the new gun! I have owned several Taurus handguns also and have nothing but good things to say about them and will not hesitate to get another one in future.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I owned 7 Taurus though the years and still have own 3. I've never had one issue with any of them. IMO they are one of the best deals around in firearms.

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    See this post makes me feel 100% better about my purchase, so thank you OP. I bought the Taurus PT111 9mm compact for just that - a compact piece to carry vs my other standard SR9, and I LOVE it. I've always hunted etc but am new to CC/OC - just getting my LTCH a few months ago. I wanted something that was reliable, felt right and under $400 which this 9mm was perfect. It was "slightly" used (I stripped it and could only find one visible mark on the outside and inside looked brand new) my dealer let me shoot 6 rounds through it and couldn't believe I hit 2/6 from 25yds. To all the haters - they are just that - haters! I proudly support Taurus! Also, I imagine people hate on them due to cost etc, but doing cost/spec comparisons - I don't see anything bad.

pmoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have always been one to look for the best gun at the best price. That is why I own several brands that are not the "popular" ones everyone talks about. Taurus, Bersa, and Rock Island. Not sure if I have just been lucky, but never a problem out of any of them.

My 709 is a close friend and companion daily.

Paul

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I've owned a 709 slim and they are good guns. I now own a few Kahr's. And I wouldn't go back. The 709's a decent gun - I would just prefer one of the Kahr flavors over it.

Top Bottom