• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It's on Oak, South side of 30 (opposite side from Walmart). In a little strip mall

If you're making the trip you might as well head west on 30 down almost to 23 (10 miles or so) and hit up Gun Town. It's next to the Grovertown truck stop.
    Been awhile since I was there also, they had some good prices on some things.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes sir. They have been selling guns ever since i could remember.

They've been selling guns since before it was an Ace hardware. Charlie Howser owned it, although I don't know if he still does. I think one of his boys has it now. I remember when it was an independent. I think it was just called "Scottsburg Hardware" but most folks just called it "Howser's". They were not known for low prices, but there wasn't much in the way of competition if you didn't want to drive to Clarksville or Seymour. Barb Howser owned the KFC in the parking lot, the one that's a Chinese buffet now. She cooked in the kitchen and made a lot of the sides for the buffet, things most KFCs didn't have or didn't do very well. IIRC, she's a cousin of Col. Harlan Sanders.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    They've been selling guns since before it was an Ace hardware. Charlie Howser owned it, although I don't know if he still does. I think one of his boys has it now. I remember when it was an independent. I think it was just called "Scottsburg Hardware" but most folks just called it "Howser's". They were not known for low prices, but there wasn't much in the way of competition if you didn't want to drive to Clarksville or Seymour. Barb Howser owned the KFC in the parking lot, the one that's a Chinese buffet now. She cooked in the kitchen and made a lot of the sides for the buffet, things most KFCs didn't have or didn't do very well. IIRC, she's a cousin of Col. Harlan Sanders.

Scott Howser and his brother own it now. Have for many years

Ozo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2018
    Nashville
    When I was young (1950's) Sears [Sears, Roebuck, & Co], Western Auto, and the two local hardware
    stores were the only places that sold guns. The only gunsmith(s) were either the store owner, or an old
    man that worked from his home. True gunsmiths.....not just 'parts replacers'.
    Enjoy that XD, great gun. Do/will you reload for it ?

HodgeStyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2018
    Scott County
    When I was young (1950's) Sears [Sears, Roebuck, & Co], Western Auto, and the two local hardware
    stores were the only places that sold guns. The only gunsmith(s) were either the store owner, or an old
    man that worked from his home. True gunsmiths.....not just 'parts replacers'.
    Enjoy that XD, great gun. Do/will you reload for it ?

I have no idea how to reload, so that's a negative. However i will pay a lot more money shooting it but thats ok too. I just enjoy guns. Ill possibly look into reloading later on in life. Luckily i have a damn good job to pay for my habit ( shooting lots of bullets).

Top Bottom