• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Was at the Castleton Square Mall today with the wife and kids and came across something I've been quite interested in for a while.

E-Cigarettes.
    A rechargeable, cigarette shaped device that lets you smoke anywhere without bothering other people, or having to worry about the harmful effects of cigarette smoke. What you inhale is water vapor and nicotine. No stinking burning smell. No more dirty looks. No chance of cancer, emphysema, taste/smell loss, breathing trouble, or nasty smelling breath and clothes. On top of all that, it's around 1/6th of the cost of smoking cigarettes! Never again will I have to worry about dropping a cigarette on cloth or catching something on fire. Also, they taste like nothing at all! These things are amazing and I honestly don't see myself ever smoking cigarettes again. I can't even describe how happy I am with this little thing!

:rockwoot::D:rockwoot::D

Anybody else use these?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've read several medical journal studies on them. If your a long time smoker and looking to kick or change the habit boundaries, its great. However if your more into the lifestyle of lighting up and the getting away for a smoke break, well its a snow balls chance to put it lightly.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Long time smoker, looking to quit; tried the cold turkey method, and I admit, I can't hack it...I need a stepping stone!

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    please keep us updated on your progress. i'm interested as well. any side effects like breathing issues, coughing???? i've read that may be an issue w/ the ecigs. hopefully it works well for you. ive seen some you tube reviews and they look very promising.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Is that the brand name? Cost? Effectiveness? I'm interested..give details!

The brand name I have is the eLight Elite. Cost of the package I have is $199. I know that sounds like a lot. Just hear me out. For that price, you get two units. The unit itself looks like a cigarette. You get two rechargeable lithium batteries inside each one. You get a sleek carrying case, a car charger, a USB charger, a wall socket charger, and 40 chargers. A charger is a little tip that goes on the end of the unit. It looks like the filter on a cigarette. It is the part that contains the nicotine and the water. Each charger is the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes. If you smoke a pack a day, you'll use a charger a day. When you're done with one, just toss it and grab another one.
    So $200 for forty packs is around normal price. Doesn't sound much cheaper right? No. However, when you buy more chargers, their only &20 for each fifteen chargers. So it's $20 for 15 packs of cigarettes. No brainer if you ask me.
    Also, they have several cheaper kits/packs. Mine was the most expensive one. There are several which are MUCH less $$.

Here's the site. https://www.innovativesmoking.com/index.php

I've read several medical journal studies on them. If your a long time smoker and looking to kick or change the habit boundaries, its great. However if your more into the lifestyle of lighting up and the getting away for a smoke break, well its a snow balls chance to put it lightly.

Seems to work great for us so far. We were smoking in the mall and at the restaurant afterwards. Great stuff, and nice to know we weren't bothering anyone.

Long time smoker, looking to quit; tried the cold turkey method, and I admit, I can't hack it...I need a stepping stone!

I can't imagine anything better for someone wanting to either quit or just wanting to get away from all the harmful effects of smoking. I don't want to quit. I like smoking. If I can do away with all the negatives, and save money at the same time, I'm sold. I'm happy as a clam with these.

please keep us updated on your progress. i'm interested as well. any side effects like breathing issues, coughing???? i've read that may be an issue w/ the ecigs. hopefully it works well for you. ive seen some you tube reviews and they look very promising.

No problems at all so far. It's like puffing on air. Been reading reviews on a lot of different forums, and I have yet to hear any negatives from anyone else. I cannot see any problems arising so far. Works fine and the battery life has so far lasted me more than 12 hrs.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Looks like something I would like to try.

Why don't they just give us nicotine in a pen shot like some other medications? It would be easier.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've looked into these. I'm starting to smell that God awful smell like picking up a smoke after not smoking for a week or two. It's really starting to bother me. And if this whole deal with the Guard recruiter pans out, I REALLY need to quit. I can barely run anymore. I might have to really look into these. Thanks for the review!

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    I have been using an electric pipe for several months. It is awesome. No side effects like coughing. Though with a pipe you don't inhale into the lungs to the degree you do with a cigarette. But, remember, it is water vapor, not smoke. So doesn't contain the burning bi-products of real tobacco products which are the chief carcinogens.

pipe601-2T.jpg

The great thing about e-pipes and cigarettes is that you can use whatever flavoring you want. For example, I like pure menthol. And you can choose the nicotine dose from high levels to lower or even none at all. And if you get the style in which you fill the cartridges themselves, it is a fraction of the cost of real tobacco products. Or, more precisely, it is a fraction of the cost of the tobacco tax which is what you are actually paying for...the tobacco only costs a few cents.

I highly recommend the following online source. Their products and servicing are fantastic: LitecigUSA

Last edited:

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    Ok dustjunky how are you doing with the E-cigs? Are they still working for you? How about an update for someone who's intrested in them.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Ok dustjunky how are you doing with the E-cigs? Are they still working for you? How about an update for someone who's intrested in them.

Hey!
    Well I'm still using it. I still love it too. I still smoke a regular cig every once in a while. I've gone through about a pack since I got my ecig. Gotta say though I prefer the ecig. Soo much easier and less hassle. I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to quit an unhealthy habit without quitting smoking. Only had a few smoke Nazis say anythingto me about using it in public. They seem pretty miffed when they smart off and I tell them that it's not a real cigarette. I was at Applebees the other day and I was smoking my ecig. A lady at another table saw it and said loudly 'You can't smoke that in here! Put it out right now or I'm calling management!' I said 'Calm down. It's not a real cigarette. It's an ecigarette. It's only water vapor and nicotine.'. She responded 'Well if it's putting nicotine into the air, then we all have to breathe it and I don't want to breathe poison. Now put it away.' I said I wasn't going to put it away because it wasn't poisoning anyone and the only smoke she was was water vapor. I said go ahead and call the manager over and make a fool of yourself if you want. She gave me a dirty look and went back to her meal. I kept smoking my ecig. For the next 20 minutes she 'coughed' and commented loudly that my ecigarette was making her feel sick and they should outlaw those as well in restaurants because they can't possibly be good for anyone. Funny how much it bothered her, since there is absolutely zero smell from an ecig. I just smiled and ate and smoked away.
    Finally after many disgusted glares in our direction she put down her fork and commented that she just couldn't stand to eat while being forced to smell 'that thing' and motioning to our table. She got up and walked out in a hurry. The best part was that her husband(I think) who had been silent the whole time, stopped and apologized before he left.
    But other than the smoke Nazi control freak lady, it has been well recieved by everyone who sees it and usually I get a whole lot of questions about it. Two of my brothers now have them and a few of my friends either have one or are thinking about getting one.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I have one of the similar ones and the glycol makes causes chest spasms if I inhale to much. Luckily the nicotine absorbs when you smoke em like a cigar. I kinda stopped using mine for a while but think I will try again this weekend.

goodluck

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I will have to look into this for sure..

I think my wife got mine from Melensdads smoke shop. It was like $89 for the starter kit 2 tips two bodies. No little nicotine pill to change just screw on a "filter" cartridge and make sure they are charged. I was getting like 3 days on one filter and a pack of marlboro during those 3 days. The filters were like 7-10 bucks for five and came in 3 levels and 7 flavors. IIRC it is called e21club or somethin similar my battery charges on both body were lasting for days and one was supposed to be a smaller (internal)battery for when u were charging the other one. Came with a (credit) club card that explained what it was for those smoke Nazis. From a sanitation standpoint not using the same filter forever like the 3 piece units was a nice selling point. I am going to try the vanilla and chocolate flavors instead of the menthols if I can stick with it.
    Anyone near valpo can buy a box of filters andborrow one of my battery bodies for a few days.

My tip glows and the body actually warms up when you drag on it.
    Most of my chest spasms are probably from my smoke congested lungs. I imagine it would go away after that 6 month mark it takes for our lungs to clear all the tar out and start healing from 1-2pks a day. Studies show that barring cancer after 5 years or so all the black crud heals itself in our lungs after we quit.

Hope this helps those considering it.

Top Bottom