• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Well we got some of the new Keltec PMR 30s in yesterday and I bought one.:rockwoot: This thing is a blast to shoot and the accuracy is GTG! I think im gonna take it to the NRA bullseye match at the clubs indoor range tomorrow night and see how it does! Man these things are selling like hotcakes! We got 5 of them yesterday and as of 10:30 we only have 1 left. I bought one,dad kept one,a few customers that had been wanting them that we had on the list bought a few leaving just the one left. Surprised me! Guys and Gals these guns are great and cost less than the FN 5-7 with close to the same balistics just a smaller bullet! I am going to do comparison tests with the chrono and groupings and such with both and will post them here for all to see when its not raining cats and dogs! I really like the sights on the PMRs too! Hi viz type green front and orange rear helps the eye to pick up targets quicker. If anyone else has one feel free to chime in on your experience with it if you would.:patriot:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Well we got some of the new Keltec PMR 30s in yesterday and I bought one.:rockwoot: This thing is a blast to shoot and the accuracy is GTG! I think im gonna take it to the NRA bullseye match at the clubs indoor range tomorrow night and see how it does! Man these things are selling like hotcakes! We got 5 of them yesterday and as of 10:30 we only have 1 left. I bought one,dad kept one,a few customers that had been wanting them that we had on the list bought a few leaving just the one left. Surprised me! Guys and Gals these guns are great and cost less than the FN 5-7 with close to the same balistics just a smaller bullet! I am going to do comparison tests with the chrono and groupings and such with both and will post them here for all to see when its not raining cats and dogs! I really like the sights on the PMRs too! Hi viz type green front and orange rear helps the eye to pick up targets quicker. If anyone else has one feel free to chime in on your experience with it if you would.:patriot:

That indoor club wouldn't be in Columbus would it?

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    That indoor club wouldn't be in Columbus would it?
    No its in Georgetown (Floyd County/Harrison County) Its on the same property as Indian Creek Shooting Center. The indoor range is for members of Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol club. We also have an outdoor facility just outside of Borden,IN. Its a real nice club and they have all kinds of different shooting events both inside and outside.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I would be interested in signing up for a good indoor range. Georgetown wouldn't be too bad to drive for me. Price and where to sign up?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You Tube Vids make it look awesome BUT I'm Not interested in feeding another expensive caliber. Maybe, they'll release a 22LR version

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Ok. Wow. you guys are REALLY excited about this gun.

For the life in me, I cannot figure out why. :dunno:

Kel Tecs Numbers btw.

PMR-30 with Stock 4.3" Barrel:
    Avg - Max - Min - Ammo
    1308 - 1387 - 1211 - 30gr Winchester Supreme (HP)
    1230 - 1280 - 1170 - 40gr Winchester Super X (JHP)
    1101 - 1138 - 1065 - 45gr Winchester Dynapoint (HP)
    1319 - 1393 - 1265 - 33gr Remington Premier Magnum (poly Tipped)
    1116 - 1171 - 1065 - 40gr CCI Maxi-Mag (FMJ)

For comparison, here is the 5.7 pistol velocity with the stock 4.8" barrel and the only ammo we could get at the time.
    Avg - Max - Min - Ammo
    1708 - 1726 - 1684 - 40gr FN/Hornady SS197SR (PTFMJBT)

So basically, its like shooting 22lr out of a rifle barrel, from a pistol? Edit: I thought a second, 1200 fps for a 40 grain 22lr is actually a bit less than the hotter 40 grain 22lr. Velocitors are what? 1400?
    Is this... really REALLY awesome? :n00b:

I am not hating, I just dont quite get the excitement. Or the use of the gun. Or... anything really. Maybe a carbine version with a suppressor would be neat.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Huh. So...huh. I am still slightly puzzled. :) well either way, all guns are fun in the end.

Congrats!

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    22 mag is way cheaper to shoot. The gun cost about a 1/4 of the 5.7 too. Plus 30 rounds of 22 mag=fun trail gun at a cheap price.:ar15:
    this. I bought mine to shoot centerfire bullseye matches,plinking,all around fun gun. If I had to carry it I wouldnt be bothered as it would kill someone just the same as any other gun if it had too and gives you a nice high capacity of 22 magnums. I live in the country and we get varmints out here that get into the barns,trash,etc and this is a great gun for that too.Might even be fun to shoot some steel targets with ya never know.:twocents::ingo:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Centerfire bullseye matches!?

Now I am REALLY confused. :)

Dont people use ultra accurate subsonic 22lr 1911 uppers for that? Is a Kel-Tec gun anywhere NEAR accurate enough for that? You guys are boggling my mind! I thought they had to be at least .32 caliber for the Centerfire portion, and for the 22lr the 22WMR is too long of a case, they specifically made the rules so the cartridge must be 1.1 inches or shorter.

I have had, a brain blowout. I am missing something. I miss a lot of things, so that is very possibly it.

As a fun gun, sure I can see it being fun for sure.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Would I carry one for a daily carry gun, no. Would I want to be on the receiving end of 30 rounds of .22MWR, no. I'm a fan of FN pistols but I would never buy a 57 because of cost and the cost of ammo.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Centerfire bullseye matches!?

Now I am REALLY confused. :)

Dont people use ultra accurate subsonic 22lr 1911 uppers for that? Is a Kel-Tec gun anywhere NEAR accurate enough for that? You guys are boggling my mind! I thought they had to be at least .32 caliber for the Centerfire portion, and for the 22lr the 22WMR is too long of a case, they specifically made the rules so the cartridge must be 1.1 inches or shorter.

I have had, a brain blowout. I am missing something. I miss a lot of things, so that is very possibly it.

As a fun gun, sure I can see it being fun for sure.

SHUT IT DOWN SHUT IT DOWN! AWhhh crap! He's gonna blow! :D Fill the brain cavity with bakelite, lost cause... :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    we have had these on order since they came out with 4 different distributors and these were the first we have seen of them! Talk about a back order! Keltec also does other things ,not just guns. They do alot for NASA and other governmentagencies too and guns are a secondary thing for them. They make what they want and ship it when they want so these PMRs have been hard to get!

What is the name of your shop and where is it located?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    SHUT IT DOWN SHUT IT DOWN! AWhhh crap! He's gonna blow! :D Fill the brain cavity with bakelite, lost cause... :D

head-explodes.JPG

Top Bottom