• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Has anyone noticed that this thing is a flame thrower? Mine shoots out flame and sparks with every shot. Even standard pressure 115 grain ammo.
    eek.gif
    I rather enjoy it, but is it normal? It fed everything from 115, 124, 124 +p, 147 grain, brass, nickel plated, and aluminum cases. Only 1 failure to feed out of 200 rounds, most likely do to limp wristing. . .I think. It's quite a bit snappier than I expected, definitely more so than my G19. For some reason the PPQ also feels lighter than my glock. I thought they were supposed to be just about the same weight. After my initial suck, the first 30-45 shots, I was just about spot on tapping center target. I made some very nice holes. All shooting was at 8 yards. The sights are what got me the most, nothing at all like the "completely fill the sight picture with your glock sights"
    biggrin.gif
    action of my G19. Unfortunately, I got railed into working mad overtime today, and only had 25 minutes at the range before they closed, so I was dumping ammo rather quickly.
    tongue.gif
    Something else I noticed, when I slapped the mag in the gun it would occasionally close the slide without my aid.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the PPQ! That is one that's on my "Wish List". Not sure what would be causing the excessive flame, as I'm not an expert in ammo. How is that short trigger with the .1" reset? From fondling, it def felt amazing, I'd love to see how it performs while firing. It actually felt similar to apex fss and trigger kit.

As for the mag reloading sending the slide back into battery, some weapons are designed to do that for a faster combat reload. My M&P does it, works great! It especially helpful during IDPA, on less step.

Happy shooting! :ar15:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I picked up my PPQ about a month ago and love it. The ergonomics was like nothing I've handled before. It did take some getting used to, but after about 50 rounds I was consistently hitting 6" plates at 25 yds, which for me is great.Very user friendly, especially for a lefty like myself. Great gun, hope you like it! I jumped off the Glock wagon for it.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This is the gun that I'm picking up for my birthday/christmas gift for the year. I plan on using one as my carry weapon. The ergonomics on the grip are great. As far as the flamethrower goes, this would be the first time I've heard about it. I have a few friends who have already picked one up. Being snappier might just be due to the .1" reset.

As far as the slide reset upon inserting the mag, I view that as a plus. Even my wife's little Kahr PM40 does that. While getting us used to it at the range, I'd do that without even realizing it until she asked about it. It took her all day to get the pressure right to do it. Overall, I'd say that it is a great benefit for quick reload and reassess moments while you study your immediate vicinity after a shoot.

Top Bottom