• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Through my job(Asset Protection at a factory) I have to interact with the Lafayette Police Department on an unfortunately regular basis. Last night was one of those nights. We had a vehicle accident in one of our parking lots and the owners of the vehicles wanted to get a police report for their insurance, so I had one of my guards call and ask for an officer to come out. Usually when this happens, the officer will show up, write the report really quick, and boogie on out of there. I generally do the same thing if I am busy and have to do a report on something, so I don't hold that against them. It's just part of it. Well last night, the officer showed up, wrote up the report, and started ****-chatting with us(the owners of the vehicles, two of their friends, and myself). A couple of the guys started asking him questions, and he invited the rest of us to ask him any questions we might have that he could answer. He was just overall very friendly and actually wanted to be helpful. If he didn't know an answer, he would say that instead of making something up. We even got around to talking guns, and he encouraged those that don't have their Larrys yet to get them because the more good people with guns, the better off we are. His exact words.

Overall, it was one of the best LEO interactions that I've had so far on this job(or ever, for that matter) and I wanted to make his superiors aware of it. The shift supervisor was on the road when I called after I got off work, so the officer that answered the phone took my name and number. It was only a few minutes before the supervisor returned my call. I told him how much I appreciated the officer taking the time out of his night to talk to us and answer our various questions. He told me that he would pass it up the chain and that he appreciated some positive feedback for a change. So a very good experience from start to finish. Good job and thank you LPD!

With all the bad press LEOs seem to be getting lately, I thought it would be a good idea to remind everyone that there are still good ones that go above and beyond out there too.

This is my first time doing one of these review kinda thingys, so I am not sure if it would be appropriate for me to name the officer on the interwebs or not. If the Mods think it would be appropriate, I can always edit his name in.

P.S. I must apologize to Mr. Kirk Freeman. I got a Q&A with an officer in Lafayette and he was from the only department in the area that doesn't have an MRAP for me to ask about;)

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Great post, and awesome recounting!

Sadly, not even a hint of Jack-Booted Thuggery anywhere in the whole story--I suspect there must have been unmentioned donut-bribery as well here!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    P.S. I must apologize to Mr. Kirk Freeman. I got a Q&A with an officer in Lafayette and he was from the only department in the area that doesn't have an MRAP for me to ask about;)

Lafayette has the Lafayette Leopard, not an MRAP.

If anyone is going to have an MRAP in Tippecanoe County it should be Lafayette as they have had documented cases where a mobile shield is necessary.

Glad you had a pleasant time and thanks for letting us know.

Top Bottom