• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Today I got to shoot an AK-47 for the first time. It belongs to my son and I just loved it. This is just newbie excitement and enthusiasm but felt like this is the one place where I could talk about it and people might understand.

I took an Appleseed course the end of March - which was invaluable. I had a 10/22 that weekend. Learned so much about gun safety that can be applied to all long guns, including center-fire. I'd recommend Appleseed courses highly to anyone. The point is, this Appleseed course gave me the confidence to have no qualms about shooting a larger, more powerful gun safely.

My want list has another addition after today.

Just wanted to encourage any ladies out there who may have reservations about shooting to take an Appleseed course - you never know where it may lead you. I had zero gun/shooting knowledge when I registered for the course so anyone with the desire to learn can do it. Might add that age should not be a barrier either - I have 2 grandsons.

Thanks for indulging me. :ar15: ;)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've been wanting to do an appleseed but can't find anyone I know to go with me. I love to shoot long guns for accuracy. It makes me slow down my breathing and relax before pulling the trigger. Something that is good to practice for life.

I too share my passion for guns with my son. It's really nice that we have something to share together. His wife and I are going to take the training with HandK this June.
    Making it a family affair.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Today I got to shoot an AK-47 for the first time. It belongs to my son and I just loved it. This is just newbie excitement and enthusiasm but felt like this is the one place where I could talk about it and people might understand.

I took an Appleseed course the end of March - which was invaluable. I had a 10/22 that weekend. Learned so much about gun safety that can be applied to all long guns, including center-fire. I'd recommend Appleseed courses highly to anyone. The point is, this Appleseed course gave me the confidence to have no qualms about shooting a larger, more powerful gun safely.

My want list has another addition after today.

Just wanted to encourage any ladies out there who may have reservations about shooting to take an Appleseed course - you never know where it may lead you. I had zero gun/shooting knowledge when I registered for the course so anyone with the desire to learn can do it. Might add that age should not be a barrier either - I have 2 grandsons.

Thanks for indulging me. :ar15: ;)

First of all, I'm sooo glad you enjoyed your first Appleseed! I hope to see you back soon - you were at the first one in Brown County this year, right? The next one there is July 9-10, and you're always welcome back! Second of all, aren't the big guns FUN?! :ar15:

AK = fun! I was sorry to miss the Appleseed in Brown County. Maybe I'll see you at the next one. :)

See above. July 9-10. I'm already signed up to work, and we need shooters!!! Come join us!

I've been wanting to do an appleseed but can't find anyone I know to go with me. I love to shoot long guns for accuracy. It makes me slow down my breathing and relax before pulling the trigger. Something that is good to practice for life.

I too share my passion for guns with my son. It's really nice that we have something to share together. His wife and I are going to take the training with HandK this June.
    Making it a family affair.

Rayne, where are you at? Check out the summer schedule - we have LOTS of Appleseeds coming up this summer. You could bring your son and daughter in law with you! Project Appleseed - Search States And if no one will come with you, that's okay, too. Lots of people come on their own the first time - and then they come back the second time with all their jealous friends and family! ;)

Top Bottom