• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I just became a first time gun owner in February so I've been subjected to the current pricing.
    There are umpteen complaints of getting raped on ammo nowadays, hardly an associated thread gets by without mention of it.

So I'm just wondering, how cheap was it before the price hikes? Was it really that much better? 9mm seems to be anywhere from 35 cents to well over a buck a round right now.

Do I have something to look forward to? That is, if prices do come back down.

John Wayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prices will come down.Just got to ride out the storm at the moment. People just need to calm down
    And quit helping drive rhe prices up.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    For reference purposes, I would only buy bulk .22 at 3.5-4 cents/rd and 9mm at 20 cents/rd. The last time I bought either was about 4-5 months ago. At the time, I think Walmart was charging 4 cents and 23 cents/rd, though I had long since stopped buying there.

9mm hollow points were $0.50-$1.00 depending on brand.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There are many factors involved right now. The current panic, inflation, and increase of raw materials are just a few. The cost of 308 and 30/06 have increased exponentially because the surplus market has dried up.

I'm getting ready to start a run of 40 hp's that I'll have about $10 a box in. That's including brass. You can't find it for $20 easily.

If you find 22 bulk packs at Walmart for $19 at walmart, buy a lifetime supply. It'll never get any cheaper.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I have no idea on the price of ammo since I haven't seen any in months. My local Walmart (rural) has nothing but shotgun shells. I think they have even sold out of the 7mm and other specialty deer cartridges. Academy was the same way but had 10mm Auto. I would expect more since there is a Remington plant just north of Little Rock.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    lets see, this was before the big O got in the first time, but I've got .223 ammo that was 6 bucks a box for Remmington UMC. Then he got elected, it went to 10-12 bucks a box, now its 20/ a box if you can find it

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    When I got in, 9mm was $12-13 for 50. .223 was $6-7 for 20. You've seen the prices lately so you can imagine everyone's disgust with it all. Anything common has AT LEAST doubled. .223/5.56, 7.62x39 are even more than doubled for the most part.:twocents:

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    It's bad all over ....

blackcloud_zps3dfa1cc4.gif
    busted_cop_zps9ddd4896.gif
    aargh4_zpsdd02d033.gif

When's it going to stop
    dunno_zpsec288ab2.gif
    dunno_zpsec288ab2.gif
    dunno_zpsec288ab2.gif

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Honestly, I predict prices to start falling about mid summer. By then, most tax refunds, for those that got them, will be spent up, credit cards often have a 6 month free period before payments/interest starts pilling on, people traditionally slow spendatures on discrenary spending during the summer months as they switch to vacations and start buying school required items. We'll probably see a spike of prices within the next 30-45 days as taxes are finished being filed. After that, a gradual drop will occur. Same type of pattern as the winter08/spring09 but with a much smaller and more gradual drop, somewhat normal prices by this time next year.

Top Bottom