• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Riding motorcycles with a group into OH today, I only have a IN LTCH :(

I don't want to stop the whole group, who don't know I CC, and unholster, unload mag, and then place firearm and mags in opposite lockable saddlebags...which I assume is legal by what I have read. I need to even take ammo out of the mag, correct?

Anyway, trying to decide taking it and storing from the start that way, or just leave behind...

Note to self: get a UT or FL soon!

Above is my original post. Reading thru the responses made me smile a few times....I think a few things were read into my post that I wasn't thinking. I wasn't really asking for advice, I was voicing my frustration. Notice I ended the post with I need to get another license ASAP so can legally carry in OH.

No, I don't break the law (ok, well, I speed... a little, sometimes), but have no intention of committing a felony, but thanks for the suggestion LOL

I just left the firearm at home, didn't feel like pulling over for proper storage on motorcycle with several other riders.... would be a bit different to pull over my truck driving by myself, would have done so if was the case.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    open carry it in ohio....technically I think you can with IN LTCH, and only in a car will that require a CCW
    You need no permit to OC in Ohio, but you do need one to carry it in a vehicle [loaded] and on your person.

At least, that's how I understood the law last I checked.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Above is my original post. Reading thru the responses made me smile a few times....I think a few things were read into my post that I wasn't thinking. I wasn't really asking for advice, I was voicing my frustration. Notice I ended the post with I need to get another license ASAP so can legally carry in OH.

No, I don't break the law (ok, well, I speed... a little, sometimes), but have no intention of committing a felony, but thanks for the suggestion LOL

I just left the firearm at home, didn't feel like pulling over for proper storage on motorcycle with several other riders.... would be a bit different to pull over my truck driving by myself, would have done so if was the case.

I think if you had OC, you would have been legal

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Rather than break the law, how about do your best to avoid a scenario where you might need the gun :yesway:

since it's that simple, none of us ever needs to carry a gun ever again. We just need to know where something will happen and avoid that area. Why did I not think of this before? I could have saved so much money on ammo, training and guns.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    This..^..people who do this and get caught will be in here crying about it after words.

Take it with you, just abide by the transportation laws.
    So when you end up back in Indiana you have the rest of your ride with it on your side where it should be.
    Make sure they don't steal your wallet.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    since it's that simple, none of us ever needs to carry a gun ever again. We just need to know where something will happen and avoid that area. Why did I not think of this before? I could have saved so much money on ammo, training and guns.

No need to be a smartass. If you don't know how to minimize risks then carrying a firearm will be of minimal benefit. He doesn't have the legal option to carry a firearm with him in Ohio, so he should minimize his risks by not stopping in Ohio, staying on the interstate, and/or not stopping in cities if a fuel stop is necessary. I try to minimize risk with or without a firearm, because I hope I never have to discharge it in defense. I'd hope we all do the same.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What happens if you really need it? Is it really worth the chance of dying because you didn't have a silly pink card for a neighboring state
    Why does this guy have five gold stars for less than 100 posts? Our rep system is broken. :rolleyes:

Why even have a silly little pink card at all? If you advocate breaking the law in OH, then why not in IN?

be judged by 12 or carried by 6
    I've always hated this saying. It implies a strict binary relationship. The majority of arrest for handgun violations don't have anything to do with a defensive shooting. In other words, "be judged by one or carry on with you business."

Top Bottom