• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I never had any real interest in ar-15 type rifles but as of late, I thought it would be something good to have around. The only rifles available around here were 2 M&P-15's at 2k each! a couple Bush Masters that were 1600ish and a DPMS A-15. I decided on the DPMS A-15 as I got it for a decent price, considering. I'm adding a quad rail system, flip up sites, rifle style scope, maybe a light and fore grip/bi-pod (the usual things I guess). So far I've read nothing but good reviews both before I bought it and more after. Any comments welcome on this rifle.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Use it. How's it shoot?

Its still at his shop. He's going to mount the quad rail, sights and a single point connection sling ring for me when it all comes in next week. I'm leaning towards a Barska scope. I saw they had a sniper scope set up with laser, holographic sight and tac flashlight on sale for just over 300.00

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Its still at his shop. He's going to mount the quad rail, sights and a single point connection sling ring for me when it all comes in next week. I'm leaning towards a Barska scope. I saw they had a sniper scope set up with laser, holographic sight and tac flashlight on sale for just over 300.00

Dont buy that scope. Its easy to call a scope a "sniper scope", but its difficult to make a scope preform like a real scope and barka doesnt.

If you want a scope to look cool, but not function barska is perfect, but if you want a scope for a rifle you plan on shooting shoot me a message and we can get you into a functioning scope for less money (wont look as tacticool). Or we can get you into a scope that functions like a sniper scope and looks cool for more money.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I never had any real interest in ar-15 type rifles but as of late, I thought it would be something good to have around. The only rifles available around here were 2 M&P-15's at 2k each! a couple Bush Masters that were 1600ish and a DPMS A-15. I decided on the DPMS A-15 as I got it for a decent price, considering. I'm adding a quad rail system, flip up sites, rifle style scope, maybe a light and fore grip/bi-pod (the usual things I guess). So far I've read nothing but good reviews both before I bought it and more after. Any comments welcome on this rifle.

Welcome to the Dark Side! :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :ar15: :rockwoot:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Dont buy that scope. Its easy to call a scope a "sniper scope", but its difficult to make a scope preform like a real scope and barka doesnt.

If you want a scope to look cool, but not function barska is perfect, but if you want a scope for a rifle you plan on shooting shoot me a message and we can get you into a functioning scope for less money (wont look as tacticool). Or we can get you into a scope that functions like a sniper scope and looks cool for more money.

Worth repeating. ;)

:ingo:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I can't believe you are not tacticooling it yourself! Bad AR owner:D! That is most of the fun for myself and most guys I know.

Plus, if your got a carbine model, just go with a good ACOG if you are dead set on a scope, or just an AIMPOINT. This isn't a .308 your are shooting, and the maximum effective range is only 600 meters on an area target. After that, that little bullet really runs out of stream.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

I will do just that! I read all good reviews about their Gen2 "sniper scope". I could care less what it looks like. I really wanted a eotech but the cheapest place I found one was cabela's and 419.00. Sending PM

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Online reviews are hit and miss. A lot of times the person doing the review knows absolulty nothing about scopes.

I can barley change my own oil, but I can easily do a review on a certain aftermarket Chevy intake gasket, but would you be wise to listen to me? Absolutely not, I'm a mechanical moron.

If you want a red dot but don't want to pay eotech prices look at the vortex sparc and strikefire. I sell them for 169, and 199

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom