• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just left the walmart in Frankline around 20 min ago(8:30 am Jan 30th)
    and they are nearly out of every pistol calibure ammo.They usually have quite a bit of stock,but nearly everything was gone.They had a few boxes of winchester white in 9mm,a few 357,and 380 was plentiful...EVERYTHING else was completly sold out(pistol). They had most rifle rounds still in stock,though some where low (30-30 for example 6 boxes left after I got 2 more :) They had no blazer of any kind,no 40 cal ect..
    Just thought i would share.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Normal

Yeah thats the norm around here. Valpo Wally World has been out of everything except skeet for at least two weeks, even .40 and they always had .40. I think they cut back due to the economy and now even those that worship at the feet of the great messiah are buying guns and ammo. Hopefully places get restocked and the prices come down before it is all illegal.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We have a "Rural King" store here in Kokomo that usually has pistol ammo on the shelf with deals to be had from time to time.

None, nada, zero, zip.
    I don't know if their out of stock on everything (doubt it) or just not selling
    pistol calibers anymore.?

Rifle a plenty and shotgun out the wazoo.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Decatur's Rural King has plenty of everything from what I saw a couple of days ago. C'mon over and fill your carts.

Thousands!!! of rounds of blazer 9mm and 40 at rural king

our walmart has one WWB of 380 and 38 but no other pistol ammo at all.

since hunting season is pretty much over the sporting goods section has gotten even smaller than it already was.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    You have to understand how Walmarts purchasing system works. Iv had a few people tell me this, and i asked the guy behind the counter last time i went in for ammunition. (take that for what its worth lol)

Apparently, Walmart doesn't get continuous shipments of things like ammunition like a gun shop might. They order X amount of X caliber, and that is supposed to last them a number of months before they re-order. If they order a pallet of 9mm, and someone buys the entire thing, then they wont have any more 9mm until they re-order ammunition a few months down the road.

Walmart is not a reliable source for ammunition for this reason. Support your local shop!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We have a "Rural King" store here in Kokomo that usually has pistol ammo on the shelf with deals to be had from time to time.

None, nada, zero, zip.
    I don't know if their out of stock on everything (doubt it) or just not selling
    pistol calibers anymore.?

Rifle a plenty and shotgun out the wazoo.

They are constantly out of stock. As soon as they get it in, it's gone again. I need to get some .380 defense loads and FMJ, but I can't find any in Kokomo.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Walmart in Bloomington was looking pretty bare last time I was in there (1/24). Even their .22LR bricks were almost gone.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Walmart in Bloomington was looking pretty bare last time I was in there (1/24). Even their .22LR bricks were almost gone.

Last time I went to shoot in Martyville, I stopped by Walmart in Bton, no ammo, so I thought I'd stop at the one in Martyville and they were out too! I ended up clearing out the Rual King's .45 & 9mm.

AWGlock

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gander Mountain in Castleton had tons of ammo yesterday when I was there. I picked up two boxes of .45 Winchester white box at $29.99 per box and 250 rounds of Remington UMC 9mm for $74.99. Not the greatest prices but they had it in stock and I'll take what I can get right now.

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wanted to shoot my new 1911 last week. Walmart on pentalton pike and washington were sold out of everything but 40 and 22. KS&E guns was also sold out of 45. The only place that had some was pop guns and they are to expensive for me just for range shooting.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Walmart doesn't get continuous shipments of things like ammunition like a gun shop might.

My biggest problem is getting .380 ammo. Everything else is fine, actually prices on some pistol ammo will be coming down.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's do to all the panic buyers. Before Obama's election Walmart here was always stocked. People are way to paranoid. I mean if a stoem hits, will they buy all the water. Then leave others to fend for themselves. In my eyes it's the same. I do not care how people spend their money, but have respect for others that enjoy the same hobby.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Wally World on East Washington and in Greenfield are completely out of 9mm and .45.

I ended up finding 9mm 50 pack at Dick's and can understand where they got their name by the price of the ammo. They had a 150 pack of .45 reloads for around $65 and some SD .45 HP's that I wasn't needing.

This shortage sux!

Top Bottom