• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    yea no ****,i just want it to be more crisp,im not a retard,why does everyone have to be smartass know it alls? i asked a simple question,if I wanted a dumb reply I would have sent u a pm.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    yea no ****,i just want it to be more crisp,im not a retard,why does everyone have to be smartass know it alls? i asked a simple question,if I wanted a dumb reply I would have sent u a pm.

Who is being the smart ass? Take it easy for God's sakes.

Maybe yours just needs broken in, or oiled. It should be a hair trigger in single action mode. If not, try youtube, for example:

Beretta 92fs Easy Trigger Job Part 1 - YouTube

Whatever the precise solution is, it will almost certainly involve fine grained sandpaper. So you may want to have some handy.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    Sorry,it just seems someones always got to bash my post. Or try to make me feel like im dumb.my apologies thank you for the link!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Do you have any good gunsmiths around you? I would consult them first if you do. I would hate for you to ruin your new gun doing a homemade gun-smithing job. I have had to learn this the hard way a couple times.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Do you have any good gunsmiths around you? I would consult them first if you do. I would hate for you to ruin your new gun doing a homemade gun-smithing job. I have had to learn this the hard way a couple times.

Meh, I doubt he will damage anything by smoothing out the trigger bar, or anything like that. The basic idea is to remove any burrs or friction. I've never heard of anyone ruining a gun from a light hand polishing, just don't grab a Dremmel with a stone bit and go crazy obviously.

To my original post though, I would seriously think it should be fine in single action if it is anything like my 92fs, and of course double action is meant to be long and hard. If it is hard to pull in SA mode, I would wonder if something is wrong with it. If he just wants to tweak it a bit, then polishing is no big deal, and a good way to learn about the internals. I've polished most of my guns, but never even considered it on my 92fs or PX4, or really any of my DA/SA's.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Congrats on getting a great pistol!

To lighten the trigger pull, get the hammer spring from a Beretta 92D. The D spring will make it much nicer to shoot in double action, and won't make the single action pull too light.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Trying to save some money on ammo, I had some good success with a modified dry fire routine. Read about the process some years back. First, I fired the gun about 50 rounds, lightly cleaned the gun but did not oil. I then used some stiff cardboard such as from an energy bar box, doubled the cardboard and placed between the hammer and firing pin. I cycled the action as vigorously as possible (trying to some degree to simulate the effects of a round being fired) and pulled the trigger. I would do this about 100 times (until my hands tired). At a later time I repeated the process until I had cycled the gun 600 to 700 times. I checked the firing pin periodically to ensure I was not making contact. I also cycled the gun with FMJ rounds without firing the weapon a couple of hundred times to operate the magazines (of course, with the weapon being pointed in a safe direction). The extractor chewed up the ammo some, but all rounds cycled through the weapon when fired. I field stripped the gun, cleaned and oiled per the manual. The weapon operated noticeably smoother including the trigger pull. This was with a new SIG.

By the way, I have a Beretta 92FS VERTEC SS (mfg in the early 2000s), which is similar to their compact line that I purchased used that the seller (an LEO) estimated had been fired 500 to 750 rounds and it shoots extremely smooth.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Congrats on getting a great pistol!

To lighten the trigger pull, get the hammer spring from a Beretta 92D. The D spring will make it much nicer to shoot in double action, and won't make the single action pull too light.

+1 Get a D Spring then go from there if you feel the need too.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Congrats on the new pistol. I have always wanted a compact.:cool:

Like others have already mentioned, the D-spring is an improvement.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN

Providing it is done with 1000 or 1500 grit then final polish with 2000 grit polishing these parts was the 2nd best thing I've done to any 92fs I've owned...

The other and absolute best was Wolff Hammer Spring (Many will call this "D" Spring Change) which will drastically improve the trigger on both DA and SA

Springs for BERETTA 92, 96, AND CENTURION Semi-Auto Pistols

The "16lb" from all information available is equal to the Factory "D" Spring... I've ran 1000+ rounds through my 92fs (various factory rounds, and reloads using a several different primers) without a single light strike with the 13lb spring... After the polish noted above the trigger is smooth as silk with a much lighter and very crisp break point.

Top Bottom