• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I got this M1 in trade (gave the guy a mosin 91/30 hahahahahahaaa SUCKER :rockwoot:I cannot believe he reblued the barrel and nickel plated the receiver also refinished the stock but it is a Inland Div M1 made sometime between June-Aug of 1945

What I Traded

What I got

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Honestly, I think the nickel receiver looks pretty sharp. With the plated stock band it almost looks like some sort of parade/presentation rifle. The stock refinishing? Not so much.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Don't gloat too soon. At least publicly. I don't think he plated the receiver or refinished the stock. I saw your rifle in American rifleman as a non-firing replica some years ago. They were made to commemorate something. I don't remember what.

You know, one of those full page ads? Like the Iwo Jima Colt 45's? The John Wayne Model 94? For display only....No need for an FFL.

It sure does look like one of those display rifles.

If it is one of those, you really got screwed if you didn't even get the presentation case.

Does it have a firing pin? Does the hole in the barrel go all the way through? Does it have a serial number? Are there locking lugs in the receiver?

If it shoots, you got a good deal. Still not cool to gloat openly though. The ying/yang thing you know...

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have owned a few M1 carbines. They are OK if you like the caliber. Mine were Mil-spec rebuilt out of the armory. Ran OK just not pretty.

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Don't gloat too soon. At least publicly. I don't think he plated the receiver or refinished the stock. I saw your rifle in American rifleman as a non-firing replica some years ago. They were made to commemorate something. I don't remember what.

You know, one of those full page ads? Like the Iwo Jima Colt 45's? The John Wayne Model 94? For display only....No need for an FFL.

If it is one of those, you really got screwed if you didn't even get the presentation case.

Does it have a firing pin? Does the hole in the barrel go all the way through? Does it have a serial number? Are there locking lugs in the receiver?

If it shoots, you got a good deal. Still not cool to gloat openly though. The ying/yang thing you know...

Well to answer you questions yes it has a SN# (i checked it) and the "hole" goes from one end to the other..firing pin check.....This is not my first rodeo

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

:rofl:

THAT would be awesome!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Tie it to a tree, lock n load a round, tie a string to the trigger and get back an pull......then you will see if you got a deal.....lol.

I've got a 1942 Inland.....what is stamped on the barrel in front of the sight...should be like a flaming bomb and a date and maker.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I assume it's the same guy because the mosin in the pic looks identical, but he has it up for trade in a facebook group I'm in already with a trade value of $350 from what I can gather.

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I assume it's the same guy because the mosin in the pic looks identical, but he has it up for trade in a facebook group I'm in already with a trade value of $350 from what I can gather.

yeah the guy I traded is tryin to sell the mosin lol.....I traded the M1 carbine for a mossberg 590 Special Purpose new in box

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    yeah the guy I traded is tryin to sell the mosin lol.....I traded the M1 carbine for a mossberg 590 Special Purpose new in box

You did good, but I believe I would have kept that Carbine, and just bought the Shotgun outright......:cool:

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Dont get me wrong I very much liked having such cool history in a gun like that, however I have no free cash to buy any type of firearm out right, and as I started out with a Mosin 91/30 and was just looking to see what I could get I prefer a firearm that I can use vs. one that is very expensive to shoot like the .30 Carbine cartridge.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    That is a beautiful looking m1 and you definitely came out on top of that deal. Get them when you can as far as I'm concerned. But again a beautiful gun and congrats

Top Bottom