• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    That had to be a terrific conversation. I would have loved to have listened in.

Perhaps write down or record the conversation? Not too many of those guys left. Soon their history will be all but forgotten.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I am slated to do an Honor Flight to DC in Oct. I am basically going to be a aide to a vet while he tours the monuments and attends a ceremony. I will have at least a whole day to listen to first hand WWII history!! Looking forward to it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That had to be a terrific conversation. I would have loved to have listened in.

Perhaps write down or record the conversation? Not too many of those guys left. Soon their history will be all but forgotten.
    Pretty brief convo at the ball park. We were both wearing hearing aids having a tough time hearing each other.

Told him my grandpa was a B17 mechanic and I took a ride on one bye said he missed a chance to go for a ride but had 18 missions and got shot down.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    I've had many conversations with vets at my many stops in USO offices. They are never a disappointment and always provide me with encouragement no matter how brief.
    I second that I would have loved to listen in on this one.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Last Sunday was at Baltimore/Washington airport, took a bunch of High School kids to a SADD conference in DC. There was a group of WWII vets passing through the airport from an Honor Flight(?) group. Everyone stood and applauded as they passed down the concourse. Very moving.

Don

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am slated to do an Honor Flight to DC in Oct. I am basically going to be a aide to a vet while he tours the monuments and attends a ceremony. I will have at least a whole day to listen to first hand WWII history!! Looking forward to it.
    Hoping I will someday soon have the ability to do this as well.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow. What an honor to meet a guy like that. Some while back, I took to shaking hands and thanking guys that had indications of service. Usually takes them by surprise for some reason. Taught my son about the purple heart license plates and whatnot from the time he was small, and the honor they deserve. He appreciates.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Knew a guy when I was a kid who had been a tail gunner on a B-26 if I remember right. He was shot down over the China sea and was rescued by some Chinese in a junk and was returned to American lines.

Top Bottom