• ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Lets see if I can sum this all up...

IF his junk was really hanging out and IF the one of the neighborhood folk called the law, then his rights were not violated. He was commiting a crime and asking for ID was perfectly valid. IF the officer said "Hi, how ya doing today?" and smelled alcohol on his breath, then he had probable cause and no rights were violated.

However IF Mr Saggy was just sitting there not bothering anyone and the neighbors did NOT call then the officer was doing a bit of profiling and operating in the shady area of the law.

We just don't know! We do not have enough details to come to a conclusion.

Okay close the thread now. :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Not when you have unauthorized citizens doing it for their own agendas but I won't go into that. So what side would you choose? A mob of controlling schmucks that your not sure of their intentions or take your chances with LE?:dunno:

"Unauthorized citizens" that you voluntarily are presenting identification to in order to voluntarily do business with them? They don't carry the force of law and you certainly don't have to capitulate to these "schmucks."

Just because you are willing to forfeit your rights in the face of the law does not mean the rest of us are willing to.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    How many people actually took the time to read the police report?
    1. The cop was on foot patrol. Routine assignment, apparently.
    2. He observed a black male sitting on the elec box with his pants sagging to his knees, talking on the phone. Ok, nothing illegal there
    3. He approached the male and asked for his ID. Why? He wasn't investigating a crime. Does he ask for ID of everyone he meets on foot patrol?
    4. Male did not respond the first two times. The third time he said you can't ask me for s*(* The male is correct. He is not required to identify himself
    5. Cop informs him he is sitting on private property, asked if he lived there (he said no) Again, not a crime
    6. Apparently asked the male for his home address which was not given Question is irrelevant
    7. Said he was visiting his gf, but wouldn't give her name or address Again, not required nor germaine
    8. Asks why pants at knees, says he is swagging No one's business how he dresses
    9. Eventually id's himself and officer smells alcohol, says male is slurring cursing, etc. Which means...?
    10. Cop says male became more angry "for the fact he was being detained" No kidding, I can't imagine why.
    11. More bad behavior by male, eventually taken to jail Whew, good thing that thug is off the streets.

Ok, now let's review the charges:

1. Disorderly conduct - No s***. I'd be pretty friggin disorderly too if I was hassled like this for talking on a damn phone, minding my own business. No to mention that the Indiana Court of Appeals has stated that the mere act of cursing at police is not disorderly conduct.
    2. Public intoxication - Class B Misdemeanor to be in a public place in a state of intoxication. Apparently, the male didn't display any signs of intoxication prior to the incident as it isn't mentioned in the report until the interrogation in underway. So, I don't see any PC.
    3. Public Indecency - Oh, wait, he wasn't cited for this. Even though the officer specifically mentions his state of undress several times in the report. Could it be because his manner of dress wasn't indecent or illegal (based on indiana statute)?

I'm quoting this because obviously many people missed it the first time.:n00b:

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I have to say, that these kids with the pants hanging are nothing more than punks, but I have said that since I started getting soldiers that were "wussies" IMO. But I see nothing illegal that this guy did, no complaints made against him, just stereotyping. "People" getting onto aircraft can't be stereotyped, why should Joes (sorry, civilians) with baggy pants be? My daughter wore a pair of boots to school yesterday that I thought were horrendous, but is she in the wrong?:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have to say, that these kids with the pants hanging are nothing more than punks, but I have said that since I started getting soldiers that were "wussies" IMO. But I see nothing illegal that this guy did, no complaints made against him, just stereotyping. "People" getting onto aircraft can't be stereotyped, why should Joes (sorry, civilians) with baggy pants be? My daughter wore a pair of boots to school yesterday that I thought were horrendous, but is she in the wrong?:dunno:

You didnt read the police report did you?

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    I've already stated I don't mind being asked for I.D.

I tell you what then, this is for you and everyone else who dosen't mind being ID' ed and hassled without cause. And for those who would like to see people bothered because of the way they dress.

There is a company who makes toliet paper with things you design printed on it.
    Im going to have them print a copy of the constitution on the rolls and you guys can send me your addresses, that way I can send you guys, IMPD and the Sheriffis Dept. some of this paper, so that you all can actually wipe your ass with the constitution, instead of metaphorically doing it.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I tell you what then, this is for you and everyone else who dosen't mind being ID' ed and hassled without cause
    There's no argument here. Only dicussion. I'm not going to act like a hothead over showing my I.D. to authority. A lot of freedom is better than none. There has never been and never will be 100% freedom the way we would like to see it. That's just the way it is and always will be. I hate to say it but there are situations that have to be controlled and some of the issues get in the way of total 100% freedom. We can open our borders and airway and require no I.D and come and go and work as you please. Asking for I.D. is not the biggest freedom issue we have on hand in these times and I'm sure most anyone here doesn't even come close to wiping their ass on the Constitution.:patriot: Read the report as to why he was asked for I.D in the first place.

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    Lets see if I can sum this all up...

IF his junk was really hanging out [STRIKE]and [/STRIKE]OR IF the one of the neighborhood folk called the law, then his rights were not violated. He was commiting a crime and asking for ID was perfectly valid. IF the officer said "Hi, how ya doing today?" and smelled alcohol on his breath, then he had probable cause and no rights were violated.

However IF Mr Saggy was just sitting there not bothering anyone and the neighbors did NOT call then the officer was doing a bit of profiling and operating in the shady area of the law.

We just don't know! We do not have enough details to come to a conclusion.

Okay close the thread now. :D

FIFY - I agree with Hornet here except for one word.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I tell you what then, this is for you and everyone else who dosen't mind being ID' ed and hassled without cause. And for those who would like to see people bothered because of the way they dress.

There is a company who makes toliet paper with things you design printed on it.
    Im going to have them print a copy of the constitution on the rolls and you guys can send me your addresses, that way I can send you guys, IMPD and the Sheriffis Dept. some of this paper, so that you all can actually wipe your ass with the constitution, instead of metaphorically doing it.

Have you found a lawyer yet for your case?

Top Bottom