Shhhh!!!

tenor.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "Mark Zuckerberg has become too powerful and must be stopped, according to Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes.
    Writing in The New York Times on Thursday, Chris Hughes referred to Facebook as "dangerous" and said that it must be subjected to government regulation.
    "We are a nation with a tradition of reining in monopolies, no matter how well intentioned the leaders of these companies may be," Hughes wrote, according to HuffPost. "Mark’s power is unprecedented and un-American. It is time to break up Facebook."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46993/facebook-co-founder-its-dangerous-break-it-paul-bois

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    We're so screwed. I've watched these jackasses in Congress accomplish absolutely nothing the past two years, but I'm supposed to put my faith in them to protect me and the country from the juggernaut Facebook is becoming? For God's sake, AOC was dumbfounded by a garbage disposal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We're so screwed. I've watched these jackasses in Congress accomplish absolutely nothing the past two years, but I'm supposed to put my faith in them to protect me and the country from the juggernaut Facebook is becoming? For God's sake, AOC was dumbfounded by a garbage disposal.

Just exploring some thoughts without much depth, it strikes me that I might rather some remedies be made more available through the courts. If being banned has a defamatory impact, I think that's a good reason to sue. Paul Joseph Watson was kicked off social media, partly because of his promoting violence. While I don't agree with PJW on a lot of stuff, I don't think he's ever called for violence, or promoted it. But now that's what everyone believes about him. I think he should get to sue the **** out of those platforms.

Especially when platforms conspire to do it. I think there's a sort of class action type of thing that could have some potential. So, if they can prove that these companies conspired to defame opposing groups, maybe there's something there.

Top Bottom