• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was leaving Meijer in Noblesville around 11:00 and saw a couple Crown Vics going up 37 with lights and sirens on. First one looked like a sheriff and the second wasn't marked. I wondered where they were going - now I know!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Man, I tell you. This kind of stuff ticks me off too. It makes people think us gun owners are on the edge just waiting to have a shootout with police. Idiots. Not to mention, the gives the "other side" fuel for the fire! Damn.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Man, I tell you. This kind of stuff ticks me off too. It makes people think us gun owners are on the edge just waiting to have a shootout with police. Idiots. Not to mention, the gives the "other side" fuel for the fire! Damn.

Agreed. 100%

The thing that gets me the most about such reactions is the irrationality of it. If a sexual assault is reported, it isn't assumed that everyone in possession of a penis is a sexual predator.

Then again, show me a rational, logical hoplophobe.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Not much different from a teen who goes over the deep end and crashes his car into his ex-girlfriends house. All male teens are labeled as a problem and shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Anti's look for any reason to use against their desired target. Sad. I don't want to be compared and put into the same group as this guy.

(I would like to know why they were "stealing" his guns)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just another criminal and criminal behavior has no negative reflection on those who abide by the law. Every person should not be looked upon as a criminal or a danger because of the actions of one.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Not much different from a teen who goes over the deep end and crashes his car into his ex-girlfriends house. All male teens are labeled as a problem and shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Anti's look for any reason to use against their desired target. Sad. I don't want to be compared and put into the same group as this guy.

(I would like to know why they were "stealing" his guns)

yeah i can see a good lawyer defending this guy with...he was a victim of theft and they stole guns from him...fearing for his safety being that they had his guns in thier possession he fired his gun in defense of his safe being...he is the victim

but with that being said the state will label him a crazy guy with a gun and his family as victims

the one sided views like this in the media is what fuels the fire and gives us proper gun owners a bad rep

:ingo:

Just another criminal and criminal behavior has no negative reflection on those who abide by the law. Every person should not be looked upon as a criminal or a danger because of the actions of one.

i whole heartedly agree with you que...but its not like that most of the time...it come back to guilt by association...one bad apple spoils the bunch(in the media driven publics eye)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    He had probably threatened to shoot everyone when he was trashed so they were probably trying to get the guns out of his reach so he couldn't hurt anyone. He did shoot "about" the wife's head according to the article so it was a good thing for them to take his weapons.
    "He took her keys and fired a shot about her head as she left the home."

BTW I fully expect the grammar police to complain about the use of "about her head" so I don't have to.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    yeah i can see a good lawyer defending this guy with...he was a victim of theft and they stole guns from him...fearing for his safety being that they had his guns in thier possession he fired his gun in defense of his safe being...he is the victim

but with that being said the state will label him a crazy guy with a gun and his family as victims

the one sided views like this in the media is what fuels the fire and gives us proper gun owners a bad rep

:ingo:

i whole heartedly agree with you que...but its not like that most of the time...it come back to guilt by association...one bad apple spoils the bunch(in the media driven publics eye)

I don't disagree, but it's the same thing on internet sites such as INGO, as well.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

Should not, no, but we're not dealing with people who are disposed, if even capable, of being objective or impartial. Everything they express is filtered through their ideology. No better than me, I suppose, except my ideology forbids lack of objectivity.

Top Bottom