• YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Last couple of trips have been pretty OK - however -

Went in to get ID's for my 2 sons (under 16) for various reasons -
    Almost turned away because I wasn't carrying my OWN Birth Cert. - but I do have Secure ID - so i averted that.

My wife however, was unable to even renew her DL. Not regular or Secure ID - because her SS Card is in her MAIDEN name. Never been an issue in 23 years of marriage but to the BMV you'd think I had a trunk full of illegals...

We asked why she couldn't just do a regular renewal - not do the Secure ID and the "info desk" said they won't do ANYthing for her with an inaccurate Federal Document.

We came home and I renewed her DL online in about 2 minutes - and it came already.

I wonder if that was a case of random BS rule enforcement - could she have renewed her DL at the branch as normal.

And before the Tinfoil hats come out and tell me what a fool I am for Secure ID etc - that's a different thread.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Dealing with a title issue from the DMVAH (dept motor vehicles aholes) now. Bought my Jeep toy w/Mass title, transfered title, got plates, and DMV won't release my title until I get a statement that the woman in Mass didn't work in Indiana.
    WTF does this have to do with anything? Dumbest crapola I've ever ran into at the BMV.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    My wife however, was unable to even renew her DL. Not regular or Secure ID - because her SS Card is in her MAIDEN name. Never been an issue in 23 years of marriage but to the BMV you'd think I had a trunk full of illegals...

Actually, i've found that having a trunk full of illegals is the ONLY way to get things done at those places

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's what I never understood about government bureaucrats. In order to get out of work now, they come up with some bs excuse knowing full well the work will be there later when you come back with every i dotted, every t crossed, etc. Plus all the waisted time for all the extra face to face interactions.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    This year was an absolute fiasco and I am not looking forward to 2012 with renewal of my license. Somehow one of my cars changed from March expiration to January. I tried to renew online this past March and it wouldn't let me so when I went in I found out somehow it expired in January instead of March like my sticker said. So after spending over on hour with one gal, we got it straightened out and seems last year some screwed something up in their system. Now for the last couple months I've been getting emails about every day to renew my license early. I'm not freakin eligible! You'd think these morons would set a filter to stop sending emails out to ineligible renewals. I guess two years ago when I bought a new vehicle and the woman who was being a real *itch asked what color it was and I asked specifically the name or just general like red, she snaps off with "I only need the color" so I said it's f**kin' red, she is trying to make things difficult. After the renewal screw up this year, he manager knew who it was so she was going to get in some heat.

Top Bottom