• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    An endless job of a bureaucratic waking nightmare, having to listen to the drivel of idiots espousing their ignorance upon subjects of which they have power, while these same individuals direct insurmountable amounts of money into useless endeavors.

In other words, the 10 most scary words imaginable: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

I worked a government job for about 5 years. It was at an organization that had the highest standards of professional conduct and a culture of excellence. Every last person there would be an asset no matter where they worked, and we constantly strove for quality.

I left it for the private sector because none of that mattered -- they were not directly accountable to their customers (the taxpayers), and as such had no real feedback mechanism that told them whether they were doing a good job or not. Whatever we did, we did it excellently. But there was no way to tell whether what we did excellently was the right thing to do.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Hands down, I couldn't be an accountant. Though I'm good at math, I can't stand to sit and run numbers all day. I can handle the inside work as I have my free time to spend outdoors. Working outside all day (which I spend more than my share of years doing) actually sucks in some ways. Indiana is f-ing hot in August and cold as heck in Jan. I'm glad my outdoor work is on a limited basis now. But like it was mentioned above, I couldn't work behind a desk all day, I enjoy working with my hands and having something to show for my time other than another stack of papers.

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    I couldn't be a school teacher. Ain't no way I'd keep my hands to myself when those little, well, there are those that lack respect. It burns my biscuits. I went off on a tweener at a game store last year. He was looking around and his mom was in line. Mom got out of the long line to look at something and this little fart yells across the store, "mom, you're stupid! You got out of line!". He was mouthy before but couldn't be heard storewide till then. I ripped that kid a what fer, mom thanks me, then buys the game for the smart-mouthed punk anyway. Geez.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think someone should specify on the fluffing...... are we talking male to female, or male to male????:laugh:

lieberman_fluffer.jpg

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I couldn't be a school teacher. Ain't no way I'd keep my hands to myself when those little, well, there are those that lack respect. It burns my biscuits. I went off on a tweener at a game store last year. He was looking around and his mom was in line. Mom got out of the long line to look at something and this little fart yells across the store, "mom, you're stupid! You got out of line!". He was mouthy before but couldn't be heard storewide till then. I ripped that kid a what fer, mom thanks me, then buys the game for the smart-mouthed punk anyway. Geez.

She wasn't a pretty 40ish blonde with a chubby kid was she? Sounds verrryyyy familiar! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom